Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah we have only managed to sign 3 players from other clubs in the last 10 years. Is footy the number 1 sport in WA?

Well most of your signings have been lost in the coverage surrounding your coup signings of Martin, Kelly and Gaff.

I mean some dumb s**t has been spoken by North fans ITT but do you really want to compare 'who signed who' with Hawthorn? Really?

They can be called either, two sides of the same coin.

Considering there are people on the lolnorf board inviting illness, injury, death and abuse upon Gaff for simply deciding to be loyal to his club, I think you’re in no position to be calling other people uncivilised.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
You sure you didn’t stumble onto the Freo board by mistake?

'Rage-posting'?....My club weren't made to look fools in claiming we had Gaff all along, only for him to back-flip at the 11th hour.

Do you remember that time you signed Tom Mitchell?

Pretty sure it was done on the first or second day of trade week and there was no silly public pursuit beforehand.

What you should have done is waited a couple of years until he was a free agent, saved $1m of salary cap space and then announced to the world he was coming before he was.

'Rage-posting'?....My club weren't made to look fools in claiming we had Gaff all along, only for him to back-flip at the 11th hour.
I think it’s sleep time. Did the Hawks look like fools in chasing Lynch and offering much more than the Tigers? Only to let him slip through their fingers at the last minute?

Or does this rubbish perception only apply to the Roos? We got close and missed - it’s really not that big of a deal.

Did he re sign or did he just say no to north. Could be an offer out ther we dont no about. Just sayin but if carlton get shiel setterfiel mcgovern. It might entise gaff and carlton to get him back to victoria to play for the blues. Oh gee we would be a force then

Did he re sign or did he just say no to north. Could be an offer out ther we dont no about. Just sayin but if carlton get shiel setterfiel mcgovern. It might entise gaff and carlton to get him back to victoria to play for the blues. Oh gee we would be a force then

Setterfield & McGovern....Yep, some force that.

Do you remember that time you signed Tom Mitchell?

Pretty sure it was done on the first or second day of trade week and there was no silly public pursuit beforehand.

What you should have done is waited a couple of years until he was a free agent, saved $1m of salary cap space and then announced to the world he was coming before he was.
Are you comparing Gaff 2018 to Mitchell 2016? One was struggling to get into the Swans midfield and the other was named on the AA wing.

Same as when Kennedy got squeezed out of the Hawks. Your comparing apples and oranges.

Are you comparing Gaff 2018 to Mitchell 2016? One was struggling to get into the Swans midfield and the other was named on the AA wing.

Same as when Kennedy got squeezed out of the Hawks. Your comparing apples and oranges.

Tom Mitchell played every game in 2016 and averaged 28 touches a game. Please don't make things up.

Josh Kennedy played 13 games in two seasons and couldn't cement a regular spot ahead of Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis and Brad Sewell.

Yeah your team is nothing special nor is it particularly young. You blooded fewer players this year than we did and one of them was Hartung.

Average age of 26/27, average games played of 2500+. Pretty stock standard for an AFL team.

So we went into the season as the 17th youngest team we now sit 12th for age and average games played, our average age is 24 not 25/26.

We blooded a few players such as Paul ahern who gained 38 disposals when we gave your mob a hiding. :sweatsmile:

Tom Mitchell played every game in 2016 and averaged 28 touches a game. Please don't make things up.

Josh Kennedy played 13 games in two seasons and couldn't cement a regular spot ahead of Sam Mitchell, Jordan Lewis and Brad Sewell.
Finished miles behind Kennedy, Hannebery and Parker in their b&f.

Was battling out to be the 4th best mid with K Jack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't sound so bad. I mean when you sign Polec that will relegate someone to your 4th best mid. Are they destined for the glue factory?
It’s just a poor comparison. Mitchell is now a superstar of the comp. He wasn’t in 2016. Not sure the Hawks would accept pick 14 for him if he wanted out...

Water tight. It was water tight before the Gaff pay increase, hence the creation of alternative measures...so to speak.

I guess you're another North support "in the know"? $900 to $1.2 isn't a significant different and it's highly probable Gaff chose loyalty over $200 - $300k per annum.

Naitanui will likely receive a 50% decrease next year, McKenzie gone, Lycett gone, Lecras likely to be on minimum wage, Jetta likely to to receive a 50% discount on his new contract next year, Hurn likely to recieve a decent decrease and no out of contract stars next year.

The above plus Shuey, Yeo & Barrass signing for unders given their form/experience at signing suggests we're doing ok when it comes to the cap.

To bring some balanced alignment & perspective back to the thread....Congrats to West Coast for keeping a hold of Gaff....Double delight no doubt, on top of winning the Premiership Cup.....For which everyone in Victoria who doesn't follow Eddie-Everywhere & Figjam, owe you a heart-felt kudos for.:thumbsu:

I have to admit it’s been a great 5 weeks

West coast upped it to 1 million. North's was 1.142 million. All the talk of North offering big cash to players and how it'll ruin their cap in the future and yet west coast have McGovern on 1.2 million and gaff on 1 million. That's a lot especially when you need a new ruck.
Don’t worry Jk and Nic nats new contracts are on less coin now all good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back