Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe any time Smith has a chance to be a genuine game changer he shanks it.
Sounds like you’ve watched Hawthorn twice.

Sounds like you’ve watched Hawthorn twice.

ABASI MODERATOR, now you're not a complete moron so surely you are not silly enough to think that Smith is better than Gaff?

He has missed one set shot in finals from 10 or 11 attempts.

How does Gaff compare?

Has kicked 11 from 11.

I believe any time Smith has a chance to be a genuine game changer he shanks it.

I'm more than happy to keep Gaff until he retires.
I suggest you go watch early in the 4 quarter of the 2013 Grand Final. Kicks a massive goal from outside 50 that put us in a great position to win the Granny.

Just looked. Gaff is 0.4 across his finals career.

Now wondering if a pick in the 20s will get it done.

I believe you are looking at the wrong Gaff.

I suggest you go watch early in the 4 quarter of the 2013 Grand Final. Kicks a massive goal from outside 50 that put us in a great position to win the Granny.

That's nice for him, but that doesn't make him a better player than Gaff.

That's nice, but end of the day he's:
-An AA calibre mid
-A former pick 4 who's lived up to his pick value
-In the prime of his career and under contract

If you think that's worth 15-22 you severely under rate talent.
Worth way more than pick 15.

AA team in 2015
AA squad in 2016
Not in AA squad in 2017

Don't care what pick he was taken at. He's 25. What pick he was taken at became irrelevant to his value 4 years ago

Wouldn't say prime if his career as his 2015 season has been his best but a very good player and most importantly contracted so anything less than pick 10 will be shrugged off by West Coast.
If he was uncontracted then it would be a different story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would've Eagles fans do 7 & 8 for Gaff, 13 and 30?

Seems overs to me but it's the only way I'd be happy with giving up 7 & 8 which is the rumour going around.

He was pick 4 and has lived up to that every bit. All Australian and will be again.

Trade suggested essentially means gaff for pick 7 and that’s under. We take on all the risk and only way we would be even if that player becomes all Australian. So it’s not really fair.

He was pick 4 and has lived up to that every bit. All Australian and will be again.

Trade suggested essentially means gaff for pick 7 and that’s under. We take on all the risk and only way we would be even if that player becomes all Australian. So it’s not really fair.
Fair enough. Obviously it would take a good deal to get WC to let him go so I doubt anything will eventuate.

I'd put money on him leaving as a FA next year though.

Fair enough. Obviously it would take a good deal to get WC to let him go so I doubt anything will eventuate.

I'd put money on him leaving as a FA next year though.

Based on what? He hasn't asked to leave and we'll be able to offer him just as much if not more than anyone else, I'd be putting money on he extending.

Based on what? He hasn't asked to leave and we'll be able to offer him just as much if not more than anyone else, I'd be putting money on he extending.
Sure about that?

:rolleyes: Straight swap for that loser Hawthorn wing you brought up the other week.
No not all, but it’s worth remembering that “loser wing” has an offer in front of him from your club.

:rolleyes: Straight swap for that loser Hawthorn wing you brought up the other week.

I seem to recall Brad Hill being described in similar terms by Freo "fans" last year.
And yet unsurprisingly to those of us who rated him, he was one of their best in 2017.
I am not suggesting that Hartung has been as good as Hill to date, but if he gets to the West he will thrive on your grounds.

No not all, but it’s worth remembering that “loser wing” has an offer in front of him from your club.
If that happens I will blame you.
I seem to recall Brad Hill being described in similar terms by Freo "fans" last year.
And yet unsurprisingly to those of us who rated him, he was one of their best in 2017.
I am not suggesting that Hartung has been as good as Hill to date, but if he gets to the West he will thrive on your grounds.
I was one of the people mocking Hill the most. I was wrong. I won't be about Hartung.

B Hill will definitely be top 3, could well win the Freo B & F.

Because he is a brilliant player. But maybe BF are correct and he is a soft outside runner who only looks good when surrounded by champions.

I mean, BF are normally correct in their player appraisals.

If that happens I will blame you.

I was one of the people mocking Hill the most. I was wrong. I won't be about Hartung.

Good of you to admit your mistake. We all make them. Many Hawthorn supporters were also critical of Hill at times, however in my view it was their lack of understanding of the role he plays. He has elite speed and stamina and his delivery into the forward 50 is outstanding. Hartung has elite speed and stamina but his decision making and kicking skills are not in the same league at this stage. They may never be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back