Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

So what you're saying is that I'm correct and no one who barracks for St Kilda has said they thought our first would suffice in any of the posts in the last 5 pages?
In real terms, that suggested trade is Gaff for a first-rounder. The pick 40-something is insignificant. It's chump change that doesn't add any real value.

Last edited:
Gaff is a very good player but if he choses the Saints then our 1st rounder should be the only offer (which is fair) - otherwise walk away and go to the draft. The Saints have a history of selling the farm to trade for a targetted player, I pray that we dont fall into that trap again this year! The one thing in sanities favour this year, is that it will be Buyers Market with so many highly rated mids looking to move back to Vic.

Gaff is a very good player but if he choses the Saints then our 1st rounder should be the only offer (which is fair)
That might be what you'd like to give up but don't pretend it's "fair". That's rubbish.

If you think 'if he nominated the Saints we should shaft WC', so be it. That's fine. By all means say that. That would be way more defensible than pretending clear unders is "fair".

That said, aussierulesrules will be happy to see another Saints fan suggesting a first-rounder on its own. Why not throw in pick 40-something as well for a laugh?

The one thing in sanities favour this year, is that it will be Buyers Market with so many highly rated mids looking to move back to Vic.
It's not an auction.

These midfielders will likely nominate a club and a deal will then get done on that basis.

Last edited:
Would love him at Collingwood. Type of player we need running up and down the wing. With Sidebottom on the other wing.

Not sure what we have that would really interest WC...

We have a couple of Perth boys - Marley Williams, Jonathan Marsh, Alex Fasolo... Preference would be not to give any of them up but we dont have a first round pick available this year unless we trade into the first round...

Would love him at Collingwood. Type of player we need running up and down the wing. With Sidebottom on the other wing.

Not sure what we have that would really interest WC...

We have a couple of Perth boys - Marley Williams, Jonathan Marsh, Alex Fasolo... Preference would be not to give any of them up but we dont have a first round pick available this year unless we trade into the first round...
Leon Davis plus second-rounder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gaff is a very good player but if he choses the Saints then our 1st rounder should be the only offer (which is fair) - otherwise walk away and go to the draft. The Saints have a history of selling the farm to trade for a targetted player, I pray that we dont fall into that trap again this year! The one thing in sanities favour this year, is that it will be Buyers Market with so many highly rated mids looking to move back to Vic.

Good thing for you your 1st rounder is now safe and not going to be going West for Gaff.

Well thats sorted. Reported Essendon was trying to get Gaff for free via the PSD. What a sh!t of a club. Every year another story about Essendon being tossers with trades come out. Says plenty about the guy running things and the club.
Who said that?

Reported on AFL 360 last night.
I find that hard to believe honestly, there isn't anything on twitter about it. Or the net. No news stories. Believe you me, if there was there would have been outcries by all and sundry (especially by a purple headed flog in his "sliding doors" column)

2 year deal, saint from 2019 onwards to help us win the 2nd of our 5 peat, bigger question is will he get a game over shiel JOM Kelly and dusty? Time will tell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back