FTA-TV Andrew Gaze on 'Bounce'

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is he on there?? Literally adds nothing at all to the show. Has little clue and just sits there looking goofy.

When Spud was crook last year and Sam Pang filled in he was comfortably better than Gaze and IMO would be much better to have on

When Spud was crook last year and Sam Pang filled in he was comfortably better than Gaze and IMO would be much better to have on

Yep, it's not surprising that comedy shows with actual comedians on like Before The Game (and Santo, Sam and Ed for soccer) are much better than comedy shows with ex-players like The Footy Show and Bounce.

Not that I had Fox at the time but Damien Fleming would have been much better.

Don't support Bball but that is the Bballer yeah ?

He was good when he started on Bounce and his Turn it Up section was regularly one of the funnier sections on television. Recently it's been really hit and miss and he doesn't seem to put anywhere near as much effort in to it. His Turn it Up on Floyd Mayweather/Justin Bieber was superb a couple of years ago as was his one on The Wiggles (which I think were no more than a couple of weeks apart). Now for the most part it's just, they did something a bit silly, get a fact wrong about what happened... Turn it Up (followed by the occasional turn it up on Gazey for not knowing what he's talking about).

He was good when he started on Bounce and his Turn it Up section was regularly one of the funnier sections on television. Recently it's been really hit and miss and he doesn't seem to put anywhere near as much effort in to it. His Turn it Up on Floyd Mayweather/Justin Bieber was superb a couple of years ago as was his one on The Wiggles (which I think were no more than a couple of weeks apart). Now for the most part it's just, they did something a bit silly, get a fact wrong about what happened... Turn it Up (followed by the occasional turn it up on Gazey for not knowing what he's talking about).

It was all downhill after the Wiggles, will never top that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is he on there?? Literally adds nothing at all to the show. Has little clue and just sits there looking goofy.

For someone who adds nothing to the show I would say Lynchy fits that bill. Gaze is a much better media performer than Lynch IMO, even after years of being on TV Lynch still seems uncomfortable speaking. They make jokes about the fact that Lynch has never been able to hold down a segment of his own, but the reason is he doesn't have the personality or entertainment value to make anything work. The show could definitely replace Lynch with anyone and not lose anything.

Just a bit of harmless fun - certainly not rocket science. Gazey is better than Fleming - he was more interested in the sound of his own voice - and Turn It Up can be good (but also ordinary). The show's not meant to be anything but a it of fluff anyway so it doesn't need to be taken seriously. Give me Bounce any day over the Footy Show, which last time I watched (a fair while ago) had footballers looking and sounding awkward and crap gags.

By the way, can actually believe Gazey was a sportsman? He looks the least likely athlete ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back