Andrew Krakouer

Remove this Banner Ad

Comrades, we need a small forward. Unless we address this key weakness, we ain't going anywhere.

Collingwood's salary cap pressures are well known and Andrew Krakouer is out of the contract at the end of this year.

Your thoughts please?

The fact that he'll be 30 at the start of next year does put me off.

We should consider pinching an Elliott or Nahas type through the draft, or state leagues, I reckon. Would be worth having a sniff around and seeing what we can uncover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephen Milne is out of contract this year :D ..... *ducks*
AK can geniunely play. He's much better than nothing.If he gets delisted by Maggies, why not rooky him? What have we got to lose?

One thing's for sure: Krakouer and Jurrah would be one of the deadliest small forward duos in the comp.

...but
Doesn't make a lot of sense unless we get him dirt cheap and he comes with his own time machine.

Davey started to look more comfortable last week and has another 12 months on his contract

He should be planted in the FP for the remaining rounds

Granted he had a better game, but a massive qualification is required here. He was playing against a bunch of teenagers

Possible, but unlikely.

Go for a quality small in the draft, there are a couple who are really excelling in the midfield as well - Nath Hrovat and Ben Kennedy

AK can geniunely play. He's much better than nothing.If he gets delisted by Maggies, why not rooky him? What have we got to lose?

Personally I'd be more inclined to get leon davis back over here for an exciting small forward for a year or two, yes, 32 next year but better value than krakouer, davis is averaging mid 20 poss. a game and would be desperate for another crack at it Given the circumstances of how his last contract neg. ended up

Personally I'd be more inclined to get leon davis back over here for an exciting small forward for a year or two, yes, 32 next year but better value than krakouer, davis is averaging mid 20 poss. a game and would be desperate for another crack at it Given the circumstances of how his last contract neg. ended up
Agree with this - what the hell - as a rookie

^ That's definitely an idea worth exploring mate :thumbsu:

Krakouer had a cracker of a season last year, but I doubt he'd be able to pull it off again especially after a serious injury. Davey looked better on the weekend, so should be given a bit of time to see how he goes. I think it'd be better to focus on getting a couple of classy midfielders first though. We can get by without a crumbing forward (although having one would be ideal) but not having a solid midfield is a bigger issue.

Not against this idea, Krakouer is 30? His injury is a concern though but its unlikely we are going to find a ready made small forward so easy, if we can't find a long term small forward this off season we could give Krakouer a couple of years which will give us time to find our own through the draft and develop him.

Granted he had a better game, but a massive qualification is required here. He was playing against a bunch of teenagers

Yes it was only GWS (who runs some teams pretty close this year), but their backline included Mohr and Davis (who are at least experienced players)

Yes he played better, and looked like he was actually working his way into the game

Perhaps it was just what he needs to get the confidence rolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back