Andrew Krakouer

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone for Sean Charles or the wiz? I don't think either of them have hit 40 yet.

But really, I think we need to look for a player who is mid 20's as we want this to be something we can hope top benefit from for 3-5 whilst already having a mature body. years not a quick fix to get us one or two extra wins so we finish 12th instead of 14th whilst our younger players continue to develop.

I like the look of Patrick Rose, what about him? Good mark for a smaller player too. Only issue is I think he left the VFL to play country football from memory.

To contribute sensibly, Ive had a look at some of the VFL stats for leading goalscorers this year and second in the list in a guy called Chris Cain from Port Melbourne.

I dont know much about him but he's listed at 24y/o, 181cm. Given Port have Dean Galea as their full forward and main marking target - I presume Cain knows how to play the small forward.

I also found this article on Football Nation which lists the 'top 50 VFL footballer going into this year and Cain is listed at number 8;

VFL top 50 players

Chris Cain could have easily jostled for an earlier position. He had another fine season and one of the best in the flag win last year.

Ben Duscher is an ideal bloke to pick up as a small forward.
Can take a great grab and would be as hungary as, being 23 and on the edge of an AFL lifeline

Anyone for Sean Charles or the wiz? I don't think either of them have hit 40 yet.

But really, I think we need to look for a player who is mid 20's as we want this to be something we can hope top benefit from for 3-5 whilst already having a mature body. years not a quick fix to get us one or two extra wins so we finish 12th instead of 14th whilst our younger players continue to develop.

I like the look of Patrick Rose, what about him? Good mark for a smaller player too. Only issue is I think he left the VFL to play country football from memory.

Yep, playing for Wodonga Raiders in the Ovens and Murray...

What about Jeff Garlett? Not in great form but can definitely find the sticks and put a bit of pressure on....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are going to bomb it in at every opportunity and not look for a lead up, then heck we need a decent crumber.

I would trade for Jamie Elliot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back