pendles

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2006
Clarence
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
It's time to pendlise!!
Footy Classified showed the vision last night which clearly showed Nick Riewoldt as the player who sledged Andrew Lovett as a wife-basher last Friday night.

The show promotes itself as having "no room for the feint hearted" but then Hutchy doesn't have the balls to name Riewoldt as the sledger???!!!

What little credibility Hutchison had as a serious journalist and not a muck-raking, disingenuous, self-referential argument starter disappeared last night.

If the game is coming to the point where you are too afraid to open your mouth on the field, then it is a disgrace ..Carolyn wilsons holier than thou attitude to a bit of sledging is sickening.

So long as you don't cross the line in what you say ..ie: racial or religious vilification or other areas where you just don't go, then it's all fine ..what was said to Lovett was pretty mild.

I'm sure Fev and Johnson get plenty of sledging regarding their off field indiscretions ..and rightly so .

You do the crime then you leave yourself open to these kinds of ramifications.

whats going on with guys these days? If someone had done their homework and sledged me on the football field, id think "good on them" then try and belt them. I wouldnt get all sooky about it.
Its good that lovett doesnt want it to go further, but the media should stop acting like a bunch of pansies.

I thought what Lovett did was true?

If it is, then he deserves sledging and people should stop having a cry because someone might have hurt his feelings.

I thought that Nick was a nice boy.

If he can come out with a sledge that personal, it suggests that there's plenty going on out there and it's just accepted.

As long as the players don't mind - who cares?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They all knew who said it from the start...Lyon was laughing about it on the box last night and didnt seem to think it was any big secret or anything noteworthy.

Cant imagine its the first time Lovett has copped it...wont be the last either. Nothing wrong with reminding him about it.

Point really is that Footy Classidentiafied shirked the issue while posing as the hardest hitters in the business.

What Riewoldt said was fine.

Unfortunately there are too many Football-based shows on TV and radio nowadays, and the hacks that staff them need something to talk about, so they pick up anything and run with it for all it's worth.

And FWIW, Hutchy must have been the most friendless dork try-hard in his school days. What a tosser.

I don't see why religion should be so protected. It's like saying... I choose to believe _____ on the basis that I want to, and you're not allowed to say anything bad about it.

Point really is that Footy Classidentiafied shirked the issue while posing as the hardest hitters in the business.

On the couch did it exactly the same thing and they had Ross Lyon on, who pretty much admitted it was Nick without saying his name and they still didn't refer to Nick directly so don't blame Hutchy.

The hutchy bashing on this site is getting OTT. It seems he is a popular target to get a few cheap slaps on the back and agreement from fellow posters.

You might not like the way he goes about things but he is just doing his job.

I thought he summed it up pretty well in "beat the press" in regards to his job.

I think the guy breaks some bullshit stories the same as all the journos do but it i don't think it is because he is a bad person or even coz he is bad at his job, i think it is because the machine that is the football industry and his bosses demand it of him.

I also think that if you are going to bag the s**t out of someone you should also be balanced enough to praise them on the flip side and clearly he did the right thing when it came to Thompson and his depression issue. Could have run with it and broken another exclusive but chose not to.

I know a couple of people who have had dealings with him professionally and socially and from all accounts he is a really good bloke.

hilarious sledge,

wasnt racial, fair game.

im glad stuff like this gets picked up on the mic, we need to enjoy this stuff aswell!

It is.

Riewoldt was stating a fact.

Hardly. What would he say? "I couldn't handle hearing the truth"?

Racist/Religious sledges could be stating ''facts'' too but they are not acceptable. I think this is a bit of a non-issue as well but that is just a stupid way of looking at it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back