That's a horrible idea, what time?
Oct 7, 2007
s**t Creek
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The Fighting Lagers, SF Giants
That's exactly it.

And as it turned out after that...the original charge was not officially proven.

In which case, could Riewold's comment calling him a girlfriend beater, caught so definite on a public broadcast and recording, could see him in a very actionable position had Lovett been so litigiously inclined. I am not sure if that is totally correct, would love to hear from a legal expert on that.

docb43

Debutant
Feb 22, 2004
vic
No sure if it has been bought up before but a few weeks before in the Collingwood v Richmond game you clearly hear via the umps mike, Dale Thomas telling King "get off me you Fuc... Midget Dwarf" as he was trying to get up from a pack. The way he said was very funny.

Big Blow Hard

Oct 7, 2007
s**t Creek
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
No sure if it has been bought up before but a few weeks before in the Collingwood v Richmond game you clearly hear via the umps mike, Dale Thomas telling King "get off me you Fuc... Midget Dwarf" as he was trying to get up from a pack. The way he said was very funny.

lol, I did not see that one. Mind you, I did not watcha the game that closely.

The_Dud

Draftee
Sep 20, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
It's a non-issue. Even Lovett is not interested in taking action. The only surprising thing is that the only time Riewoldt is heard in the umpire's mike is when he's not appealing for a free kick.

this is funny on its own, but coming from an Essendon supporter, its pure gold!

Big Blow Hard

Oct 7, 2007
s**t Creek
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Does not have to be proven when you plead guilty

He plead guilty to breaching an Intervention order (AVO), And he was fined $500 with NO conviction. Charges of assualt were not taken to court. His ex girfriend alleged he locked her in his car and hit her. He was never charged with this. She did take out an AVO in 2006

Be very careful what you say. Her claims are still only treated as allegations. They were never proven in a court of law. You don't have to prove anything to get an AVO, that is why they are so easy to get. Just look at the Whitnall saga.

stevedarui

All Australian
Apr 1, 2008
carlton
AFL Club
Carlton
He plead guilty to breaching an Intervention order (AVO), And he was fined $500 with NO conviction. Charges of assualt were not taken to court. His ex girfriend alleged he locked her in his car and hit her. He was never charged with this. She did take out an AVO in 2006

Be very careful what you say. Her claims are still only treated as allegations. They were never proven in a court of law. You don't have to prove anything to get an AVO, that is why they are so easy to get. Just look at the Whitnall saga.

I bet you cant wait for Santa Claus as well.

The allegations were not proven because Lovett refused to testify in court or attend the hearing. If I was accused of bashing a women I would certainly want to clear my name.

Lovett said: "I deeply regret the incident which led to the making of the order.
"I have told Kim how remorseful I am and, whilst I can't take back what happened, I would like to publicly apologise for any grief I have caused Kim and her family.
"I will continue to put steps in place to address these personal issues."

You are right he should have been put up for the women against domestic dispute man of the year.

kahuna71

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2003
under the rat's tossbag
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
sainters
LMAO @ Terry Wallace.

"You wouldn't get away with that on the tennis court, so why on the football field?"

I've got away with, and received, plenty of hard sledging on the tennis court at very high levels.

Wallet knows as much about tennis as he does about taking responsibility, obviously.

Big Blow Hard

Oct 7, 2007
s**t Creek
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I bet you cant wait for Santa Claus as well.

The allegations were not proven because Lovett refused to testify in court or attend the hearing. If I was accused of bashing a women I would certainly want to clear my name.

Lovett said: "I deeply regret the incident which led to the making of the order.
"I have told Kim how remorseful I am and, whilst I can't take back what happened, I would like to publicly apologise for any grief I have caused Kim and her family.
"I will continue to put steps in place to address these personal issues."

You are right he should have been put up for the women against domestic dispute man of the year.

I did not say I don't believe he did it, he may well have. I am just saying, he was never charged, or convicted of the assault. So to catagorically say anything more than he allegedly did it, leaves one open to be sued. You do not have to be charged by police to have an AVO taken out against you.

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
Remember all the handwringing about Nick Riewoldt sledging this bozo?

Shocking details of ex-AFL star Andrew Lovett’s alleged 22-month domestic abuse campaign against his police officer partner have been revealed.

The 2005 Anzac Day medallist is now facing at least 88 charges with court documents revealing assault, recklessly and intentionally causing injury, stalking and breaches of bail among them.

The shocking details of his alleged 22-month domestic abuse campaign against her were aired as Lovett, 39, was arrested and faced Dandenong Magistrates Court this month.

The court heard in a series of attacks between February last year and his arrest on December 9, he had choked, punched, kicked, spat on and even poured a beer over his 36-year-old victim.

Other times he allegedly threatened to slash her tyres, and claimed he’d have bikies run through her property, sending her pics of one of his burly mates in her driveway.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Remember all the handwringing about Nick Riewoldt sledging this bozo?

Shocking details of ex-AFL star Andrew Lovett’s alleged 22-month domestic abuse campaign against his police officer partner have been revealed.

The 2005 Anzac Day medallist is now facing at least 88 charges with court documents revealing assault, recklessly and intentionally causing injury, stalking and breaches of bail among them.

The shocking details of his alleged 22-month domestic abuse campaign against her were aired as Lovett, 39, was arrested and faced Dandenong Magistrates Court this month.

The court heard in a series of attacks between February last year and his arrest on December 9, he had choked, punched, kicked, spat on and even poured a beer over his 36-year-old victim.

Other times he allegedly threatened to slash her tyres, and claimed he’d have bikies run through her property, sending her pics of one of his burly mates in her driveway.

Not trying to make light of this at all...

But WTF??

"The court heard in a series of attacks between February last year and his arrest on December 9, he had choked, punched, kicked, spat on and even poured a beer over his 36-year-old victim."

Isn't the beer pouring easily the least vile of this list?

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs

But WTF??

"The court heard in a series of attacks between February last year and his arrest on December 9, he had choked, punched, kicked, spat on and even poured a beer over his 36-year-old victim."

Yeah weird way to list the offences. Maybe Robbo did the subediting and wasting a beer was a bridge too far.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton

But WTF??

depends on what beer it was. Reporter must prefer being choked, kicked and punched than having VB poured on them

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Not tryna be a dick but I’m kinda surprised a police officer would have a relationship with a guy charged with rape who hangs out with bikies, and was in the relationship for two years. I get that domestic violence is complicated but there’s still a whole load of “wtf” with this one.

Great thread title too btw

Last edited:

collingwoodmick

Debutant
Oct 2, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not tryna be a dick but I’m kinda surprised a police officer would have a relationship with a guy charged with rape who hangs out with bikies, and was in the relationship for two years. I get that domestic
violence is complicated but there’s still a whole load of “wtf” with this one.
Great thread title too btw
100% my initial reaction: much more surprising than the fact that Lovett has been accused of such behaviour/actions.
Bring back the thread title, too, mods! I saw it, but didn't appreciate it for what it was, at the time!

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
women make rules for betas and break rules for alphas
Yeah that alpha-beta stuff kinda sounds a bit "red pill" menanist to me, I'm not so down with it.

I don't want to victim blame- there's no excuse for violence- but I think sometimes s**t people are just attracted to s**t people? I mean at the very least you're a poor judge of character to give a guy with that sort of history a chance in the sack, but to do that when your career is protecting the community from people exactly like him in the first place, I'm just a bit shocked by it all.

That's not saying that Andrew isn't a crap bloke if the allegations are correct but yeah I reckon his partner kinda shoulda had a hunch he's a crap bloke is all.

Last edited:
Back