Andrew Lovett

Remove this Banner Ad

If Lovett were to leave Essendon, anyone think Melbourne would think about taking him? I know we have a lot of players that compliment his type and style but... couldn't hurt... could it?

Discuss.

Yes it could hurt, it very much could. Average front running footballer with a less than impressive attitude. Not a match winner and not even on our radar I can only hope.

Yes it could hurt, it very much could. Average front running footballer with a less than impressive attitude. Not a match winner and not even on our radar I can only hope.

I agree with all you have said about his attitude but to say he is not a match winner means you havent seen a lot of him this season. He has won about 3 games on his own for us this year. Twice against Carlton Rnd 3 & 13 and against Richmond Rnd 9 if it weren't for him this year it would be safe to say we would not have made the 8 his contribution was enormous. You must have a heap of line breaking, quick goal scoring midfielders @ Melbourne to believe that Lovett wouldn't fit in your side.

I agree with all you have said about his attitude but to say he is not a match winner means you havent seen a lot of him this season. He has won about 3 games on his own for us this year. Twice against Carlton Rnd 3 & 13 and against Richmond Rnd 9 if it weren't for him this year it would be safe to say we would not have made the 8 his contribution was enormous. You must have a heap of line breaking, quick goal scoring midfielders @ Melbourne to believe that Lovett wouldn't fit in your side.

Its not as much his ability (which is impressive against lesser opposition, and non existent when the pressure is on playing big teams), but his attitude. Bailey has been breeding professionalism and work ethic into Melbourne- and he doesn't fit.

It's a no for me- even in the PSD for free.

Yes, maybe it was a bit harsh. But Byron Pickett was a match winner at Port before coming to Melbourne. If Essendon can't keep him happy and aren't prepared to try to I don't see why we could or should. Another average name thrown into our trade circles for mine.

I'd have to say no as well, mainly due to his discipline problems on the field, and general attitude issues.

Lovett is definitely out the door, and to be honest... I'd be happy If we got him... but hey, maybe that's just me lol

Links: http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=7039
http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/lovett-looks-for-new-club/2009/09/18/1253209000182.html

He's requesting at least $400,000 a year for three years. Which is better then what Burgoyne wants. Any takers?

well there the same age and lovett is half the price so i would take lovett over burgoyne if we can get him in PSD then im all 4 it

Lovett for me is PSD or bust, i'd trade for Burgyone he is worth more then pick 18 but im not sure im prepared to give it up, perhaps our 4th pick and a player like Johnson? with Lade gone Port are in need of anothe ruckman. if somehow we managed to snare both that would really fast track our midfeild development and dare I say it, put us close to finals contention?

Definitely the type of player we want, not sure he's the type of person we want.

Would be cheaper than Burgoyne, both in terms of salary and trade. Someone send Schwab a tweet and ask whether we will be biting.

Definitely the type of player we want, not sure he's the type of person we want.

Would be cheaper than Burgoyne, both in terms of salary and trade. Someone send Schwab a tweet and ask whether we will be biting.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Maybe all he needs is a fresh start. New club, new atmosphere... who knows. ;)

As for Schwab... yes indeed, someone tweet him asap :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It all depends what the issues are with Lovett. If you could garauntee he plays as he did this year for the next 3, and has no off field indiscretions I'd gladly give him a 3 year deal for around $350,000 a year. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Maybe all he needs is a fresh start. New club, new atmosphere... who knows. ;)

As for Schwab... yes indeed, someone tweet him asap :D

Essendon have given him countless chances and he repays them by wanting a trade as soon as he gets some currency about him.

Don't want the arrogant w***er.

Essendon have given him countless chances and he repays them by wanting a trade as soon as he gets some currency about him.

Don't want the arrogant w***er.

Maybe he deliberately stuffs up at Essendon because of the fact that he doesn't wanna be there lol. Maybe a bit of Demon discipline will fix him haha

This topic isn't discussed a lot, but I rate players that perform in Finals. Many players have poor Finals records. I always look to see how players peform under the gaze of Finals type pressure.

Andrew Lovett had 4 possessions in the first half against Adelaide in his last match - a Final. It weighs heavily on my mind.

I'd still happily take him, as he's the type of player we need, but I'd make any decisions with this Final not too far from the recesses of my mind.

Lovett is an excellent player, i think his attitude/behaviour would change once he moves clubs, with the number of young indigineous players we have he would have to become a role model for the likes of Wona, Bennell, Jurrah, Jetta.

I think a change over to the dees would be awesome

Would you trade a second rounder for other 'non-finals players'?

Leon Davis?

Can't have it both ways.

Correct. I would not offer P18 for Davis. He is the worst AA in the history of the game.

The fact he and Maxwell made the side has destroyed all credibility for the award. Its now also judged on a commercial basis as well as on field performance.

You are crazy.

Mid-season, experts were telling of his ascension towards a top 5 player in the league.

Has brilliant skills, quick and good above his head.

Would definitely be worth at the very least a late first rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back