News Andrew Mackie elevated to List Manager

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-22/retired-cat-andrew-mackie-to-return-to-join-recruiting-team

ANDREW Mackie will use 15 years of AFL experience to help assemble Geelong's future list when he joins the club's recruiting team in 2018.

AFL.com.au understands the 33-year-old will take on a role in recruiting and talent identification with the Cats, after his recent retirement from the game.

Mackie isn't expected to start in the role, which is yet to be finalised in its entirety, until the new year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-22/retired-cat-andrew-mackie-to-return-to-join-recruiting-team

CatsDoItBetter

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
Obviously no idea if he’ll be any good but I like that we are expanding the recruiting team.

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Who said he was going to GWS ?

Its funny ..I thought Bartel might have been invited to be a part of it. I was impressed with him on Trade Radio.

No idea if Mackie has always been interested in the kids.... does this mean more StMarys kids from SA?

Considering Gregson was injured all of last year we didn't hear Bruce every single f***ing week say "Cory Gregson the boy from Sacred Heart! Andrew Mackie's school!"

So maybe Bruce is paying Mackie to draft kids from Sacred Heart :drunk:

Its funny ..I thought Bartel might have been invited to be a part of it. I was impressed with him on Trade Radio.
I don't think Jimmy can commit to anything in Geelong given his media interests and the fact he is so heavily entrenched in Melbourne Society now

Agree. I would prefer someone who has been in scouting/recruiting/management a lot longer. Perhaps Wells is closer to the end than many think

If he's talented, why wait. He's been involved in scouting and recruiting under Wells for four years...plenty long enough to display his talent.

Let's hope he does well...it's an important role.

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Been groomed for four years - now takes the lead role with Wells still on board available as a mentor :thumbsu:
Sounds like succession planning 101 to me....................
Sounds like it. It looked like the heavy workload had wells ready to walk away last season, so this might be a way of reducing his workload while allowing him to keep an eye on mackie while he is doing his job. Solid plan.

Sky

Doctor Demise
Feb 14, 2021
NT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
At least if he’s any good he will stick around longer than Wells has. So young still Mackie

Back