Recommitted Andrew McGrath [re-signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be hard to get out of Essendon unless they low ball him and other clubs offer way more.

does he eventually want to move into the midfield or is he a career hbf?

one to watch this year
He played most his football in he midfield last year

He played most his football in he midfield last year
The games I saw had mainly Shiel, Heppell, Merrett in there with stringer And zaha at times

unless you are referring to the wing

will be interesting to see if dev smith plays midfield or forward more same with parish. And where McGrath ends up

Would be hard to get out of Essendon unless they low ball him and other clubs offer way more.

one to watch this year

They’ll move him into the midfield soo enough. He’s got far more competitive spirit than any of their current outside mids, and they’d surely see him as a future captain of the squad. He’s languishing on a flank.

Hard to say what his ceiling is still, Essendon would be ruing passing on McCluggage, but he will still end up a very solid player.

one to watch this year
He said in a recent interview that he's been training with the mids but he said it'll be down to availability at the time.

He said in a recent interview that he's been training with the mids but he said it'll be down to availability at the time.

Zach Merrett would make for a decent HBF, Heppell also has past form there... surely the best thing for all parties is to give McGrath a crack as a midfielder?

Zach Merrett would make for a decent HBF, Heppell also has past form there... surely the best thing for all parties is to give McGrath a crack as a midfielder?
I've always thought they should use Heppell back there again but I don't watch their games enough to see what impact he has in the midfield.

The games I saw had mainly Shiel, Heppell, Merrett in there with stringer And zaha at times

unless you are referring to the wing

will be interesting to see if dev smith plays midfield or forward more same with parish. And where McGrath ends up

Played as a full time midfielder in our final loss and was by some margin Essendon’s best player. 30 touches and a goal in less than 70% TOG

They’ll move him into the midfield soo enough. He’s got far more competitive spirit than any of their current outside mids, and they’d surely see him as a future captain of the squad. He’s languishing on a flank.

Hard to say what his ceiling is still, Essendon would be ruing passing on McCluggage, but he will still end up a very solid player.
Give me McCluggage every time not even close

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guy was playing on a wing for the entirety of the year. Was still learning the craft, think he'll make important strides in 2020. Was very good today apparently, but he should be against a VFL side.

Why would anyone even bother going after him? He's a slightly above average footballer with absolutely zero hurt factor on his disposal. If he wasn't a #1 pick playing for a "big 4" club most of us wouldn't even know who he was, he has been talked up far, far beyond his actual level of ability.

Why would anyone even bother going after him? He's a slightly above average footballer with absolutely zero hurt factor on his disposal. If he wasn't a #1 pick playing for a "big 4" club most of us wouldn't even know who he was, he has been talked up far, far beyond his actual level of ability.

Had 30 touches and 2 goals in a losing side his last game. Think you might be a tad bias here

Not disappointed with Andy I still think he'll be a very good layer for us for a long time but Taranto is the one I really think we missed - Exactly the type of mid we need. He would have been a reach at #1 based on what we knew about him at the time though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back