Recommitted Andrew McGrath [re-signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be shocked if he leaves but not good news for the Bombers that so many wanted players are being discussed as considering their options....

Besides Corkie above, where is McGrath reported, anywhere, even slightly, to be "considering his options"?

The season is over and he is uncontracted. Possibly the player you want to keep the most. It is valid speculation that no deal has been done.
With he and Ridley I think the speculation is (in McGrath's case) whether or not he makes the AA squad, which he'd be just outside of IMO

With he and Ridley I think the speculation is (in McGrath's case) whether or not he makes the AA squad, which he'd be just outside of IMO

As I said I would be shocked if he left but I am also surprised he has not been signed yet.

AA squad is an interesting one, from what I saw he was very very good at getting the ball especially in the stoppage but less good at getting it to a teammate by foot. Probably squad for mine since 98% of player's disposal this year has been horrid.

The season is over and he is uncontracted. Possibly the player you want to keep the most. It is valid speculation that no deal has been done.

Can't recall if it's been stated in this thread or another one - but we've literally re-signed no-one all year. Not one player.

Half the league remains 'uncontracted'. Again, there hasn't actually been anything, anywhere, even a slight mention, that he's 'considering' anything.

As I said I would be shocked if he left but I am also surprised he has not been signed yet.

AA squad is an interesting one, from what I saw he was very very good at getting the ball especially in the stoppage but less good at getting it to a teammate by foot. Probably squad for mine since 98% of player's disposal this year has been horrid.
Him waiting for that has no negative connotations for me, if he makes the squad he'll get a nice little bonus and if he doesn't he'll still have an excellent contract.

We haven't re-signed anybody yet this year, I expect that to change this week

FROM FOXSPORTS

Essendon fans have no reason to fear: Andrew McGrath and best and fairest winner Jordan Ridley will re-sign with the club.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the delay is purely related to specific contract clauses that cannot be ticked off until the AFL releases key details around list structure and total player payments.

Ridley’s arrangement is expected to be long-term, highlighted by a terrific 2020, while McGrath’s will be no more than three years.

Clubs are finding it difficult to predict salary cap and list regulations following COVID-19 cuts, and are holding off committing to certain clauses until more clarity is provided.

Josh Daicos at Collingwood is in a similar predicament.

FROM FOXSPORTS

Essendon fans have no reason to fear: Andrew McGrath and best and fairest winner Jordan Ridley will re-sign with the club.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the delay is purely related to specific contract clauses that cannot be ticked off until the AFL releases key details around list structure and total player payments.

Ridley’s arrangement is expected to be long-term, highlighted by a terrific 2020, while McGrath’s will be no more than three years.

Clubs are finding it difficult to predict salary cap and list regulations following COVID-19 cuts, and are holding off committing to certain clauses until more clarity is provided.

Josh Daicos at Collingwood is in a similar predicament.
Have you got a link?

Just want to post it on our board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back