Recommitted Andrew McGrath [signed til 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

How is it a ridiculous assertion? The aim of the game is to win premierships if the player is instrumental in his team doing so how does that not make them worthy of the pick? McGrath is a vanilla role player nothing wrong with that but you can't honestly say with a straight facw you would not prefer a genuine match winner like McCluggage over him
Because by your definition Ellen was worthy of a #1 pick because he kicked 4 goals in a GF. Whether a pick #1 was a successful pick has nothing to do with the team success, only on how they perform over their career, or every single one who played few finals and no premierships would be a failure.

On McGrath vs. McCluggage, it all comes down to the original equation. Do you want a clearance player or an outside player? Because if you want an inside player you go McGrath.

Because by your definition Ellen was worthy of a #1 pick because he kicked 4 goals in a GF. Whether a pick #1 was a successful pick has nothing to do with the team success, only on how they perform over their career, or every single one who played few finals and no premierships would be a failure.

On McGrath vs. McCluggage, it all comes down to the original equation. Do you want a clearance player or an outside player? Because if you want an inside player you go McGrath.
You spelt back pocket wrong.

He's a defensive half midfielder. A role as important as any other.
the guy is a crab who panics under pressure. I'm not sure how anyone can see him as an inside mid. I'm not gonna bother redoing his draft but I'd be surprised if any non Essendon fan has him in the top 10.

the guy is a crab who panics under pressure. I'm not sure how anyone can see him as an inside mid. I'm not gonna bother redoing his draft but I'd be surprised if any non Essendon fan has him in the top 10.
I think you are underestimating his influence on games. His back half run, link up, hit ups, and pressure is crucial to us.
We struggle without him in that back half.

With the rule changes, today's game is on the outside a lot more than it was 2 years ago. It suits the McGrath types. He has the 2 way game. Speed, good skills and pressures opponents.
This current game doesn't suit big inside mids who can't do much on the outside.

Last edited:
I can't stand Essendon, but this kid is a gun. If you don't rate him, I'd suggest you haven't watched enough of him.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back