News Andrew McKay to leave Carlton at seasons end

Remove this Banner Ad

Andy Maher indicated on SEN that we already have McKay's replacement lined up, but they are currently employed at another club, so he did not name names.
Sounds like the old Dick Pratt philosophy of "don't get the best available.......get the best!"
If that's the case it might be Neil Balme?
Have we forgiven him yet for what he did to Southby?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon one free king-hit and we call it even .....

Few people sinking the boot in a bit too much here. McKay was a solid operator, but the club has to be more critical to progress further. McKay is more suited to more nebulous structures, like the direction and spirit of the game, rather than extracting best results out of a football department.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/club/about-us/executive-and-staff

View attachment 518015

Likely won't be SOS.
Interesting.

Whatever happens, exciting times over the next 6 months.

This is why liddle was bought in.

I reckon one free king-hit and we call it even .....
from behind - and he can be the one who puts the 73 cup in its rightful place...............

keep walking.........

I agree he is not particularly impressive, but if he has played a key role in the crows on field performance over the past few years then I would hope a poor press conference when he was always on a hiding to nothing wouldn't count him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few people sinking the boot in a bit too much here. McKay was a solid operator, but the club has to be more critical to progress further. McKay is more suited to more nebulous structures, like the direction and spirit of the game, rather than extracting best results out of a football department.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/club/about-us/executive-and-staff

View attachment 518015

Likely won't be SOS.

Wasn't it McKay's whiteboard that gave away our AFLW recruiting want list?
Big thumbs down for that.

not many friends at Adelaide - mind you they're looking for every scapegoat they can get - terribly sad for them - last year's grand finalists currently sitting 10th

Assume we would do our due diligence and be speaking to the right people to get a proper understanding of how he operates.. Even speaking to Gibbsy who I am sure we would be honest. I just threw his name out there as he first came to mind, but being Carlton I would imagine we would be chasing a bigger fish and I reckon Juddy could be the right fit.. If Tom Harley can walk into the role at Sydney and then Josh Mahoney at Melbourne then i reckon with the right guidance Juddy has all the attributes to be a very good Head of Football, and then potentially more.

If he walked in the doors us older ones would burn the place down.
If it ever happened the publicity/media stunt would be Southby greeting him with a handshake at the front door of PP..........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back