Andrew McLeod

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by tashibatts
How old is he?
Where did he come from (Born/Grown Up)

Go Roos

I think he just turned 26
Hes originally from Northern Territory

His first club was Fremantle, he was then traded to Adelaide, along with a draft pick, for Chris Groom :p

• Banned
Re: Re: Andrew McLeod

Originally posted by Tyson J- Curry

I think he just turned 26
Hes originally from Northern Territory

His first club was Fremantle, he was then traded to Adelaide, along with a draft pick, for Chris Groom :p

lol..

Well its obvious who won that trade.. Fremantle of course;)

:p

Lucky Adelaide

Go Roos

Got a feeling he spent a little time with Port in the SANFL... anyone else remember that??

Just like Pickett, Buckley etc spent some time developing their game running around with the Magpies befor joining the 'big' league.

Originally posted by Eago77
Got a feeling he spent a little time with Port in the SANFL... anyone else remember that??

Just like Pickett, Buckley etc spent some time developing their game running around with the Magpies befor joining the 'big' league.

yes definatly he played for them not sure how many games but theres enough port supporters on BF to sort out that info !!

He played in Port's 1994 premiership side(maybe 95 as well?).Made his debut for Adelaide midway thru 95, may have been dropped after a few games?He kicked the winning goal for Adelaide against Hawthorn in the last minute in a match in 95, possibly his 2nd match.

Originally posted by sapaul
He played in Port's 1994 premiership side(maybe 95 as well?).Made his debut for Adelaide midway thru 95, may have been dropped after a few games?He kicked the winning goal for Adelaide against Hawthorn in the last minute in a match in 95, possibly his 2nd match.

McLeod, like all AFL listed Crows and Port Power players, has a SANFL side. McLeod's SANFL side (chosen when he was picked up by Crows) was Port. At that time, Port were a SANFL club like nine others.

McLeod's SANFL club is now Port Magpies.

Also, on the other topic of McLeod's first AFL game ... kicking the winning goal against Hawks that wet night in 1995, I remember Seven's commentator on that goal saying ...

"McLeod, the unlikely hero".

Not gifted with prophecy, that bloke.

Originally posted by sapaul

Came down from NT to play for Port at the start of 1994. He went from Under 19s to Seniors in 14 weeks. Made his debut in Round 14 for Port against Glenelg at Glenelg Oval...which was a record breaking day...Port winning by its biggest ever winning margin against the bays - 27.14 176 to 5.14 44. Mcleod was one of Ports best in an electric debut...kicking 4 or 5 goals. I thought..oh yeah...this little Italian looking kid goes alright. He played well for the rest of the year....and ended up kicking 2 last quarter goals (including the one that put us infront) against the Eagles in the 94 Grand Final.

He then ended up at the Crows. His first game was mid 95 against Melbourne. He got something like one or two kicks. He was then dropped...and brought back in for the Hawks game...he dribbled thru the winning goal with 50 seconds left. Funny that Malcolm Blight was one of the commentators that night and he LOVED that goal.
Played every game for the rest of the year. Did alright in 96 playing most games at Crows but a couple for Port.

His Port career ended (for the time being) at this:

1994: 14 games, 28 goals
1995: 7 games, 7 goals
1996: 2 games, 0 goals
TOTAL: 23 games, 35 goals

Was a big thing before the 95 finals series as well as the Crows wouldnt allow Mcleod to play finals for Port.

Originally posted by ok.crows

McLeod, like all AFL listed Crows and Port Power players, has a SANFL side. McLeod's SANFL side (chosen when he was picked up by Crows) was Port. At that time, Port were a SANFL club like nine others.

:confused:
Mcleod was a Port boy before he was a Crow mate. Mcleod came down to play for Port in 1994, which was before anyone knew who the little Italian looking kid with the bouncy running style was. Mcleods SANFL team wasnt 'chosen' when he became a Crow. He was already a Magpie before he became a Crow.

Wrong!!!

Also, on the other topic of McLeod's first AFL game ... kicking the winning goal against Hawks that wet night in 1995, I remember Seven's commentator on that goal saying ...

"McLeod, the unlikely hero".

Not gifted with prophecy, that bloke.

That commentator?Malcolm Blight from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Macca19

Mcleod was a Port boy before he was a Crow mate. Mcleod came down to play for Port in 1994, which was before anyone knew who the little Italian looking kid with the bouncy running style was. Mcleods SANFL team wasnt 'chosen' when he became a Crow. He was already a Magpie before he became a Crow.

What sanfl club would M Primus go to?? that is if he ever would,

Originally posted by noddy

Norwood. he played at Norwood in 1994 and 1995.

These are the players clubs that played SANFL before being drafted (hence not being "assigned a club" when they were drafted)

CROWS:
Bassett - Norwood
Beinke - Port
Bickley - South
Biglands - WWT
Bode - Glenelg
Burton - WWT
Clarke - South
Crowell - WWT
Doughty - South
Edwards - West
Fitzgerlad - South
Gallagher - Norwood
Goodwin - South
Hart - North
Hentschel - WWT
John**** - Port
Ladhams - North
Marsh - West
Mcgregor - WWT
Mcleod - Port
Nelson - Sturt
Riccuito - West
Schell - Centrals
Shirley - WWT
Skipworth - WWT
Smart - South
Welsh - West

PORT
Ackland - Port
Bassett - Norwood
Brogan - South
Burgoyne - Port
Burgoyne - Port
C.ockatoo Collins - Port
Cornes - Glenelg
Cornes - Glenelg
Dew - Centrals
Francou - North
French - Sturt
Hall - South
James - Norwood
Lade - South
Mead - Port
Poulton - Port
Primus - Norwood
Tredrea - Port
Wakelin - Port
Wanganeen - Port
Wilson - Port

Players that have been assigned clubs in the mini draft:

CROWS
Angwin - Glenelg
Finnin - Port
Handby - Glenelg
Hewitt - Norwood
Johnson - West or South...to be honest i dunno
Massie - Norwood
Perrie - South
Reilly - Sturt
Schuback - West
Shir - Glenelg
Smith - Port
Stenglien - Port
Stevens - WWT

PORT
Bishop - South
Brooks - North
Carr - Glenelg
Cassisi - West
Guerra - Centrals
Hardwick - Glenelg
Kingsley - Port
Koulouriotis - West
Lockwood - Centrals...then Port
Montgomery - Sturt
Morgan - North
Murray - South
Murray - South
Paxman - Centrals...then North
Schofield - Centrals
M Stevens - Centrals
N Stevens - West
Thurstans - Sturt
White - North

Is that so?

Excuse my memory then. I thought I could recall Freo & Crows doing a deal with McLeod "coming from NT".

He may well have come down from NT and been playing with Port in the interim.

Is that so?

Yes it is.

Excuse my memory then. I thought I could recall Freo & Crows doing a deal with McLeod "coming from NT".

If that was so then youd think the commentators would of mentioned that on the broadcast of the 94 grand final instead of saying "Mcleod has been inducted into the hall of fame talent camp next week, the kings camp, for 50 aspiring AFL footballers...Scott Camporeale has been invited too, along with 7 other South Australians....in a prelude to being drafted".

Youd think if what you reckon happened was correct then they would of said "Mcleod will be at the Crows next year...thru a deal with the new side next year Freo. This was made before the season and he has come to Port for the interim".

No...there is no interim, there is no deal between Freo and Adelaide before Mcleod got to Port. The deal between Crows and Freo was done before the 1994 draft...not the 1993 draft. How could Freo make a trade when they werent even in the competition?? It was the same sort of deal that saw Brent Heaver come to Port for Andrew Balkwill and Ben Nelson...even tho those two players were never on our list (but would of been on our original list if the trade did not happen).

Originally posted by tashibatts
How old is he?
Where did he come from (Born/Grown Up)

Go Roos

Not wondering whether we might trade him for the Rooboy by any chance??:eek: :p

Re: Re: Andrew McLeod

Another quote from the 94 Grand Final broadcast after the match:

"Andrew Mcleod, 17 years of age down from Northern Territory, works for telecom and is boarding down here. Looks to be a target for the Fremantle Dockers".

Again...no mention of any deal struck between Adelaide and Freo before Mcleod got to Port.

Sorry that you seem to have misread this Macca, but it does say right there "excuse my memory".

I was telling you what I thought I remembered happpening, and saying sorry about getting it wrong.

No...there is no interim

Excuse me? Of course there was an interim between his coming down from the NT and the time of the deal between Freo & Adelaide.

You yourself said there was an interim.

if what you reckon happened was correct

No, I was telling you what I thought I recalled, and that that recollection was incorrect.

Excuse me? Of course there was an interim between his coming down from the NT and the time of the deal between Freo & Adelaide.

sorry...misunderstood what you meant

Typical cows supporter statement, no idea of the FACTS just make 'em up so they sound good. Let the backpeddling begin!!

Originally posted by noddy

Perhaps Norwood as that is the team he played for when he played in the SANFL. I wonder who Carey would play for when he comes back to the SANFL (via the cows)... oh no need to worry as he will be wearing the Red & White jumper of the swannies next year.

sorry...misunderstood what you meant

No problem Macca, although there was only two events mentioned in my post (1=McLeod down from NT, & 2=deal between Freo & Adelaide) so the word "interim" had to refer to the time between these events.

I don't have a problem with you misreading my post except that when I take time to explain it that then causes other lamebrains like Eago77 above to then start accusations of "backpedalling".

Sigh!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back