Player Watch Andrew McPherson

Remove this Banner Ad

I would thought the longer you have contact with the ball the shorter the drop is and less room for a bad drop causing a bad kick. He's always been regarded as an excellent kick.
That was my recollection of his kicking too... just looks uncomfortable, especially his chip kicks.

so he's a 50:50 chance to be great or terrible
Sloane is a pretty solid, if awkward kick.

The best thing about Moose is he loves to attack. With Milera, Hamill, Sholl (hopefully) and Doedee looking like he's added to his game we suddenly have options.

I love how there is absolutely nothing in those highlights that could be considered exciting. He's playing with a bit of aggression, but it's always to a safe option.

Seems very much like a long term Brown replacement and could easily find himself in any AFL side long term if his defence is good on top of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how there is absolutely nothing in those highlights that could be considered exciting. He's playing with a bit of aggression, but it's always to a safe option.

Seems very much like a long term Brown replacement and could easily find himself in any AFL side long term if his defence is good on top of that.

It's just the club's typical highlights package. The one for Ben Keays had regulation handballs for half of it.

Sounds like Jake Kelly :oops:

So if he can kick the ball he is way ahead of Kelly and Brown

Well, ahead of Kelly.

Those highlights all look like Brown from 2-3 years ago.
I suspect once the confidence in the body reaches 100% we will see a bit more dare in his play.

Certainly has it in him.

I like that he seems to be able to both attack and defend.

99% of our defenders are either one or the other.

I suspect once the confidence in the body reaches 100% we will see a bit more dare in his play.

Certainly has it in him.
Any junior footage I've seen of McPherson I'd class him far closer to Brodie Smith than Luke Brown, doesn't have quite the penetrating kick but better efficiency. I think there might still be some footage of that futures game he played in floating around on youtube.

Well, ahead of Kelly.

Well, ahead of Kelly.

nearly all the kicks went forwards, a couple of sideways handballs to a team mate on the run, didn’t back pedal from the mark for 10 meters and the kick backwards or to pack up the line, not sure how he could be confused with brown or Kelly.... go well Andrew

Remove this Banner Ad

Back