Roast Andrew Newbold saying he'd be pleased if West Coast won !!

Remove this Banner Ad

He said "They'd be pleased with the individual if they happen to win".
An absolute nothing.

I was going to come in here and say, you're supporters are classy, and your president is a representation of that, what he has come out and said (Especially with what the HUN reported) is respectable.

If my team were to lose, I'm glad it would be to your mob, and I'd be happy for your lads to achieve the three-peat.

As I said on my board, I don't know why Fremantle/Geelong rag on you guys so much?
As Newbold said, you have to be gracious in defeat.. Just sounds as though they have sourgrapes.

Best of luck guys! :thumbsu:

An absolute nothing.

I was going to come in here and say, you're supporters are classy, and your president is a representation of that, what he has come out and said (Especially with what the HUN reported) is respectable.

If my team were to lose, I'm glad it would be to your mob, and I'd be happy for your lads to achieve the three-peat.

As I said on my board, I don't know why Fremantle/Geelong rag on you guys so much?
As Newbold said, you have to be gracious in defeat.. Just sounds as though they have sourgrapes.

This is a little embarrassing, it's like the time I met a classy Pies supporter.

Good onya, mate. If you can tell the other 5 classy WCE supporters that I wish them luck too, that would be great. ;)

If we lose to West coast, then so be it, they'll have outlasted us.

Massive achievement getting to 4 grand finals, absolutely massive.

I must admit that out of the teams we've played in the last four GFs, I respect West Cost the most. They play a great brand of football compared to the swans and freo, have no artificial advantages like the swans and haven't recently pinched our beast player!

It worries me that I don't hate them more! And it makes me super nervous. Maybe as game day gets nearer I'll get back to normal.:oops:

This is a little embarrassing, it's like the time I met a classy Pies supporter.

Good onya, mate. If you can tell the other 5 classy WCE supporters that I wish them luck too, that would be great. ;)
Thanks!

This'll be our sixth grand final actually E. But thanks, it is a great achievement! :p

I couldn't begrudge the Hawks a third flag if they won either- we're looking at one of the great teams.

I find it embarrassing.
Since when is it pleasing when another team beats the team you're president of....If thats the case you're in the wrong job, an AFL commissioner may be your calling.

Last edited:
Mountain out of a molehill. Of course he wouldn't be pleased. He's prez, FFS.

On the topic of Newbold, I think he's been stellar for the club. Just quietly getting the job done behind the scenes, none of Jeff's antics...

images

Newbold is actually a very life like puppet. If you look closely you can see the strings.
No guessing who the puppet master is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles play an attractive brand of footy unlike our previous 3 GF competitors. Have respect for them. May the best team win, no injuries, no controversial umpiring decisions.

An absolute nothing.

Geelong rag on us because they have a CV full of useless home and away wins but nothing against Hawthorn in modern times when there is actually something at stake. We really do beat them "when it matters." They are also jealous that their so-called modern GOAT team has been overtaken by the team they hate the most.

As for Freo supporters, well as far as I can tell they are just angry. And I would be too if I had to sit through Ross Lyon's crap every week which restricts garbage teams but has no chance of standing up against teams like the Eagles and the Hawks when the blowtorch is applied. If you went to the football knowing that there was next to no chance that your team would kick more than 12 goals then you'd be pretty pissed off too.

As for your mob, well thumbs up I say. Simmo has done a great job and the football coming out of the blue and gold side of Perth is fabulous entertainment. If I were a neutral I'd be wrapped that this is the GF matchup. The two best attacking sides in the comp going at it on a barmy Melbourne afternoon. Nobody wants to watch Fremantle, let's be honest. It's time for a shootout, enough of their negative crap.

This is a nothing story. Just because we are playing them in a GF doesn't mean we have to hate them and put s**t on them all week and then forever more after we win. I respect WCE as a team, especially the way they have rebuilt the club after the culture bottomed out around 2005 - 2007. Interesting that that has happened sine Judd left. Regardless, they are a worthy opponent, probably the worthiest we've faced since Sydney 2012.

This is a nothing story. Just because we are playing them in a GF doesn't mean we have to hate them and put s**t on them all week and then forever more after we win. I respect WCE as a team, especially the way they have rebuilt the club after the culture bottomed out around 2005 - 2007. Interesting that that has happened sine Judd left. Regardless, they are a worthy opponent, probably the worthiest we've faced since Sydney 2012.

This is spot on.

The Eagles are a top club these days. Well run, well coached, enterprising on the field and with some great players who alos seem like top blokes (Priddis, NicNat, etc) playing for them. I respect them immensely.

That said, I hope we smash them.

Win or lose - this should never be understated. I can not see any other clubs in years to come making 4 GFs in a row. An incredible achievement in it's own right

Remove this Banner Ad

Back