Traded Andrew Phillips [traded to Essendon with #61 and #72 for #57 and #70]

Remove this Banner Ad

I know at least he's better than Clarke
Yeah he is much better and has moments where you think "jesus this guy is alright"....but then he will go missing...then he gets dropped...then he gets beaten by vfl ruckman. He has all the physical attributes to be a solid footballer. He is tall, can jump and his kicking technique is alright. He kicked a bomb from outside 50 to win us a game against you guys a few years ago. However in four years his good performances have been few and far between

Yeah he is much better and has moments where you think "jesus this guy is alright"....but then he will go missing...then he gets dropped...then he gets beaten by vfl ruckman. He has all the physical attributes to be a solid footballer. He is tall, can jump and his kicking technique is alright. He kicked a bomb from outside 50 to win us a game against you guys a few years ago. However in four years his good performances have been few and far between

Once Sam Draper is over his acl Philips will become depth

I don't know that much about Phillips but I'm bloody glad we are trying to secure someone to give us some depth besides Clarke. Long term Draper is the hope but who knows what we'll get from next year after the ACL.

Sounds about right. I would not get too excited...very average footballer. Missed set shots 15 out directly in front, does not run back defensively and goes large parts of the game unsighted other than being beaten in ruck contests
Has he ever been known to kick the ball 50 metres in the wrong direction with a game hanging in the balance?

Because not doing that is considered a massive upgrade on the ruck depth we have currently.

Another ruck moves for effectively nothing.

Phillips is serviceable and should do OK for the Bombers. He's a significant upgrade on Zac Clarke who played plenty of senior footy in 2019.

Very athletic and can push forward but otherwise has next to no impact around the ground.

I didn't want us to give him a 2 year deal and as it turns out, we didn't want to give one to him either, so I have no issue with him going out and finding a club who did.

Good luck to him.

Another ruck moves for effectively nothing.

Phillips is serviceable and should do OK for the Bombers. He's a significant upgrade on Zac Clarke who played plenty of senior footy in 2019.

Very athletic and can push forward but otherwise has next to no impact around the ground.

I didn't want us to give him a 2 year deal and as it turns out, we didn't want to give one to him either, so I have no issue with him going out and finding a club who did.

Good luck to him.

Seems to be a reliable kick at goal too

72413573_2614673101928013_7368156970567598080_n-png.765856

Remove this Banner Ad

Back