Retired #34: Andrew Phillips - Retiring at the end of the 2023 season - 8/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a TBell fan/advocate but even I thought he was cooked. Obviously plenty of negative talk on here but maybe he was carrying an injury (typical). When a big man does an ankle it obviously takes longer to heal. Hoping he bounces back but I as well as others have my concerns. If Draper is slow in getting back, can he at least hold his own?

He played by himself was Kreuzer was down afaik.

In tandem as in Phillps plays games when we rest Bellchambers.

I'm getting the urge to vomit thinking about both in the same side.

Depends if Joe goes and we don't get a replacement. need a bucket?

This is how our depth ruckman duel for next year went down. Literally if you can touch the ball, you're in.

TlVGIDc.jpg
Didn't know Bonar was a ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dodo reckons sheedy had been at him for ages to grab Phillips - saw something in him back in the gws days - 'a great technician'

He actually averages almost as many hitouts to advantage (12) as Grundy (12.2) and ahead of Witts (11.9) so I'd say his technical work is quite decent. Also the highest Hitout to Advantage Rate of any AFL ruckman, suggesting that when he gets his hand to the ball it'll be beneficial.

A decent bargain pick-up; certainly ahead of Z Clarke.

He actually averages almost as many hitouts to advantage (12) as Grundy (12.2) and ahead of Witts (11.9) so I'd say his technical work is quite decent. Also the highest Hitout to Advantage Rate of any AFL ruckman, suggesting that when he gets his hand to the ball it'll be beneficial.

A decent bargain pick-up; certainly ahead of Z Clarke.

eth-dog

received_555058488636692.gif

Phillips tapped Ethan off the site

I remember Phillips playing against us in the game were they beat us last year and thought who is this guy that looks like Francis towelling is up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back