Andrew (Roy) Symonds R.I.P.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell. They say these type of things come in threes. That’s Marsh, Warne and Symonds all in the space of a few months. Hopefully no more.

RIP Roy. Will never forget the way you flattened that streaker. Legend.

Easily the most entertaining cricketer Ive ever seen.

I used to wait patiently on Saturday afternoons watching the MM cup in the mid 90's just to watch Roy bat, with the Bradman Slazenger. Batted at the modern pace 10 years before anyone else was.

Amazing in the field, that catch of Silva where he dived to the left, left handed catch off a full blooded cover drive is probably the best Ive ever seen.

Patrolling the inner circle, has there ever been a player that you have more faith in than Roy to hit the stumps? I can't think of one.

Off spin and medium pace, was the all-rounder we thought we needed when we already had one.

"ohhh ya f*$#@n bastard"

RIP Roy

Heartbreaking news was an absolute superstar cricketer and i just adored him QLD and Australia loose a favorite son rip mate condolences to the family

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell. They say these type of things come in threes. That’s Marsh, Warne and Symonds all in the space of a few months. Hopefully no more.

RIP Roy. Will never forget the way you flattened that streaker. Legend.

And Deano.

RIP Roy.

Time for a laugh.
I was speaking with a bloke named Simon a couple of months ago.
Simon migrated to Australia back in the 90’s and anglicised his name lot long after arriving here.
He chose his favourite Australian cricketer of the time.
For the life of me I couldn’t pick who the cricketer was.
He proceeded to describe him as the guy with the long hair (dreadlocks) and brown skin.
Then the penny dropped it was none other than Andrew Symonds.

Even when the game was dire; simmo could smile. Even when his teammates ran him out; simmo could smile. We need more sportsman like him. Big loss for his community and for cricket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly suicide, though I went close to killing myself in a one vehicle accident at 21 without ever intending to do anything other than get from A to B, albeit in an intoxicated state. This is a method of death often used by people in a rural setting which is likely to be considered a regular road fatality unless a note is found. Sad for him and family and friends, and for cricket. He was a character on the field. RIP.
ABC report says the car left.the road and rolled. More likely a terrible accident. RIP.Roy

Sounds very much like how spud Frawley departed.
Sad that these things aren’t preventable.
Except that he didn’t drive his car into a tree. Probably best not to speculate.

RIP Roy.

Jesus not Roy too. ******* 2022 can go get ****ed.

RIP Roy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back