Toast Andrew Russell

Remove this Banner Ad

No, he's ready to go again but Russell wants him to undergo a training block before returning.
Which is wise imo. Didn’t think Martin shouldnt have come straight in without a vfl game or two either but based on commentary from DT it seemed they believed it was really important to have him in for the indigenous round (that’s how I understood it).

Surely not.
Sorry I should’ve prefaced that, as my prior post makes it look like I’m more ITK than what I am

I’m just being speculative. Just seems odd that Martin gets a run when he’s battling while Plowman must complete a training block. Only thing I can think of is perceived output.

actually russell wants him to aerate his yard for potatoes, turnips and marrows..........

Talk about trying to capture the sleeper crowd.

Why does Carlton always feel they have to poach the "best " from other clubs.
It never quite works out when they come to us.
How about we just return to the roots of what was a very successful club just 20 years ago.
Let's look within and being back old club champions from our premiership era.
Make the Blues great. Again.
Ron barassi, mike Fitzpatrick, Steven kernahan, craig Bradley, Greg Williams etc all came from elsewhere pretty much as developed players. I can’t think of any of our recent premierships without those players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s my suspicion. I think he can overrule on anyone, except the cotton wool wrapped, future of the CFC prototype, cyborg, kouta v2 - C Curnow
I had my say earlier in the thread on Russell, I think this almost backs up my point. From the outside and making assumptions (grain of salt, just guessing) it would seem he'd like to give Plowman a few good training sessions before playing.

Others may be having to big of a say. Bit like Martin and Fisher, they can play but to what level and limitations...

For now until the review is complete I'm choosing to back Russell's success and reputation over a lot of senior people at the club that could be in self-preservation mode.

Or he could be 100% and happy days.

Go Blues

AR isn't a messiah, but his work is elite, like some others in the industry
Who was the guy we had back during Ratts time. He was an Olympic fitness trainer wasn’t he? Didn’t stop us from having a lot of contact injuries Over his time at the club.

Russell has the job of building fitness and strength in players after injuries. He can be the best in the world at what he does, but if the MC is select players before they have finished Rusty‘s program, they are going to be re-injured again.

Maybe it's not Russell's call to have Martin in the team?
I see having Martin and others who aren’t fit and in big money, or are #1 picks in the side at all cost because they’re on big bikkies is an external to the football department issue. Some rich w***er says why isn’t x playing, get him in the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back