Recommitted Andrew Swallow

Remove this Banner Ad

Is contracted for next year at north, but strong rumour (so a massive grain of salt) is that he's going to join his brother at GC for his final year. Would be worth next to nothing in terms of picks, sadly.

If he stayed at North, he would be stuck in the vfl most of the time, unless a major injury crisis like this year forced us to pick him at afl level.

Probably in the 60-70s. Think the Suns could do worse - I'd think he'd play a dozen NEAFL games, they're the only Qld/NSW side to not have their reserves play in a NEAFL GF (Swans 4x runner ups in the past 5 years, Brisbane 3 flags in 6 years, GWS premiers last year) so I imagine bolstering their NEAFL side would have great benefit for development and he's ok depth.

Didnt realise this dude still played haha.
What a spud

Surely the 2015 elimination final wasn't THAT long ago?

He's only ever lost 2 out of 13 vs the tiges. Incredible spud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didnt realise this dude still played haha.
What a spud

I've never understood why people go on Bigfooty to use this as a brag. Yeah cool you don't know anything about other teams but then will try to argue later on about lists and trade value.

Understandable if you're a team board poster, or a non-Bigfooty poster, but I don't know why you'd post on Bigfooty if you don't know jack s**t about other teams.

Spitta's player ratings since being (deservedly) dropped early in the year:

11 VFL Werribee's best with 36 possessions, six clearances, nine tackles and a few goal assists. -
12 Bye.
13 VFL Good contributor with 28 touches and seven clearances. Was tagged after half time. -
14 WB Veteran ball winner worked hard for 18 disposals. Laid team-high 11 tackles and grabbed seven clearances. 5
15 GCS Good around the stoppages and kept a close eye on Ablett after quarter time. 6
16 Frem Just fair in middle, then sent to Walters and kept him quieter than others. Booted a nice goal. 6
17 Port Back to his stoppage best with six clearances and 11 tackles. 7
18 Ess 20 disposals, 4 clearances and two centre clearances. Copped a heavy tackle from Watson following a hospital handball. 5
19 Melb Industrious early on and was an expert at throwing himself forward to earn free kicks. Smart effort. 7
20 Coll Applied good pressure in the middle and found some space on the outside. Former skipper was ok. 5
21 Haw Got plenty of it in the middle, finished with 12 tackles and seven clearances, Solid 6
22 StK Workmanlike on the ball and never stopped trying. 5
23 Bris Toiled away in midfield and did his bit towards the win. 5

Doesn't scream cooked. He's still a good clearance midfielder, the issue is he struggles to play any other roles, and due to our reset we chose to play Dumont in the guts instead early this year, which lead to his drop in form and time in the VFL. Playing more of his traditional role afterwards, he was much better. People who think we're giving him away for a pick in the 70's are kidding themselves, but if an appropriate deal could be struck he'd be a great fit for GC with his on and off-field leadership, inside grunt and commitment.

Probably been underrated by opposition supporters, I think he is a multiple B&F winner yeah? Possibly even in teams that made the prelim.

That being said, Gold Coast need to steer clear of this list management strategy. Play the kids.

Is contracted for next year at north, but strong rumour (so a massive grain of salt) is that he's going to join his brother at GC for his final year. Would be worth next to nothing in terms of picks, sadly.

If he stayed at North, he would be stuck in the vfl most of the time, unless a major injury crisis like this year forced us to pick him at afl level.
There is no way Stuart Dew would bring him in for an emotional reason like playing with his brother. If he does he should be sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back