Society/Culture Andrew Thorburn - Controversial appointment as Essendon CEO. Broader discussion not for the AFL board..

Remove this Banner Ad

ourgameplandoesntwork

Senior List
Aug 27, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong

This tweet is incredibly dishonest.

Anti-health care? I’m assuming he means that the man is opposed to the slaughter of babies in the womb…?
(Scientific consensus is that life begins at conception)

It’s sad that one has to twist their words to make their ideologies more palatable to the average person. Call it what it is!

Fortunately people are waking up to these radical left wing lunatics.

If he wants to cancel his membership so be it. The football world is better off without virtue-signalling idiots like that!

As for Dan Andrews… a despicable human being and king bigot.

Last edited by a moderator:

It’s a fact. You can laugh. Doesn’t change it. Life doesn’t magically begin at some arbitrary point. Scientific consensus is clear on this (as is logic). You can oppose science if you choose, your choice I guess.
Too bad ethics is actually more important than science in this debate, and the ethical consensus is that the beginning of life at conception has no impact on what a woman is entitled to do.

• Banned
Too bad ethics is actually more important than science in this debate, and the ethical consensus is that the beginning of life at conception has no impact on what a woman is entitled to do.
If God doesn’t exist there are no moral absolutes. Prominent atheist during the enlightenment realised this. I laugh inside whenever I hear an atheist talk about ethics. Such a losing argument for them.

I am glad however that you can acknowledge that your views have nothing to do with science. That we can agree on.

If God doesn’t exist there are no moral absolutes. Prominent atheist during the enlightenment realised this. I laugh inside whenever I hear an atheist talk about ethics. Such a losing argument for them.
I've never seen NFI personified so succinctly. Wow!

Seems an odd appointment given his churches views are fairly extreme. He was interviewed on SEN this morning and claimed some of his views aren't aligned with those of his church , but didn't elaborate on that point.

Such an Essendon thing to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone who isn’t a bloody hothead explain the hoopla about this dude? He’s pro life? Is that it?

The bible isn't anti-abortion anyway.

In Numbers 5:27, instructions are given on how to induce abortion in an unfaithful wife.
"If she has made herself impure and been unfaithful to her husband, this will be the result: When she is made to drink the water that brings a curse and causes bitter suffering, it will enter her, her abdomen will swell and her womb will miscarry, and she will become a curse. If, however, the woman has not made herself impure, but is clean, she will be cleared of guilt and will be able to have children."

Can someone who isn’t a bloody hothead explain the hoopla about this dude? He’s pro life? Is that it?
His church espouses homophobic views. That would be the biggest issue considering there's a lot of openly gay women in the AFLW.

That's how it is, unfortunately. It's not in your body.

That's life.

Nobody said it does.
This is a little surface level by your lofty standards, Chief.

Don’t get me wrong, I have pretty conservative views, but I’m pro choice.
However I’d like to see it work both ways…

If a woman has the right to opt out of parenthood, why can’t a man do the same?
A woman should and has every right to say “I don’t want this baby”, and a man should have no say in that.
But if a man says, “I don’t want this baby”, he’s told to “pay up for 18 years”.

It’s a very unfortunate double standard, wouldn’t you say?

What the hell is he doing chairing a church whose views he only partially agrees with? Is he hoping to change that church from the inside?

I mean sure the current Pope is a decent comparison but he's taken significant steps in revolutionising his church, what's this bloke done for abortion and gay rights?

Easy to say you're more progressive when you need support, but until you can back it up, talk is very cheap.
Why is the issue of abortion neatly divided into bigots oppose it and tolerant righteous people support it? It's a complex issue. There are many women who oppose it. I don't call those who support it intolerant ratbags. Why is only one view on the subject controversial and worthy of media hysteria when a public figure is found to support it? It's just another form of bigotry, the thing those who claim to be for tolerance are meant to oppose.

Why does he have to tap dance to your way of viewing the world in order to be acceptable? Prove you are progressive or * off! It's truly insane but sadly the popular view in any online platform.

Nobody seems to brand advocates of abortion who use euphemisms to camouflage the reality of what they support by calling it access to women's health support, intolerant extremists.

Because it is access to women's health. You know there are certain types of pregnancies that can kill a woman if not for medical intervention. It's not all just getting an abortion because you don't want a kid.

And the percentage of people who would use abortion as a form of birth control would be very low. It's not a walk in the park procedure.

A woman should and has every right to say “I don’t want this baby”, and a man should have no say in that.
But if a man says, “I don’t want this baby”, he’s told to “pay up for 18 years”.

Yes.

Lmfao and the left are logical? Do you not understand Western Civilisation was built on religion and its morales, The reason we are all around today watching football together 'inclusively' is because of the foundations the Western world was built on! If Religion wasn't so inclusive you wouldn't be here to argue about it that's for sure.

You don't need to be religious to be a good moralistic person

Lmfao and the left are logical? Do you not understand Western Civilisation was built on religion and its morales, The reason we are all around today watching football together 'inclusively' is because of the foundations the Western world was built on! If Religion wasn't so inclusive you wouldn't be here to argue about it that's for sure.

What the hell are you blithering about? The whole idea of progression is moving on from stone age beliefs.

Oh wow

You should look Pauline Hansen up on tinder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back