News Andrew Thorburn is retaining legal counsel for wrongful termination by the Essendon Football Club. NOW WITH BIG BANGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Thorburn is chairman of City on a Hill, a church that condemns homosexuality and is staunchly anti-abortion.
What the hell were Essendon thinking?
The AFL is really starting to stink.

What the actual * - proper extreme right-wing views. High incidences of homosexuality in AFLW than the general population, wonder how these girls feel knowing this nutjob is in charge? Not to mention closeted gay mens players who will only retreat further into their shells knowing the governing body they play under has signed off on someone as twisted as this being fit to lead one of their member clubs.

Crazy stuff, surely he doesn't last in this position?

I actually think the lead is being buried here, from an operational perspective anyway. How on earth can EFC appoint someone who had to resign as CEO of a bank after the Royal Commission? Just when you think this circus couldn't get any worse for the Bombers, here we are.

Anyone who has read "A Wunch of Bankers" will know why Thorburn and others like him shouldn't be anywhere near leadership again.

I can’t believe this person (and I use the term loosely) was really the best that the Bombers could find for this position. They’ve really shot themselves in the foot with this one.
I worked for a major football organization in Europe - one of the four giants. I don't think any of them would've greenlit this. Why does the AFL continue to be a laughing stock?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I worked for a major football organization in Europe - one of the four giants. I don't think any of them would've greenlit this. Why does the AFL continue to be a laughing stock?
Almost nothing surprises me with the incompetence of the AFL these days.

New AFLW uniforms.

Roe V Wade Handmaids GIF by GIPHY News

Remove this Banner Ad

Back