News Andrew Thorburn is retaining legal counsel for wrongful termination by the Essendon Football Club. NOW WITH BIG BANGS

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Fine, it’s easy to prove.

The definition of sin is ‘an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.’ We have prisons filled with people who break the civil law which is founded on the law found in the Bible. People are greedy, people lie, people steal, people abuse power, people abuse people, people murder people. All transgressions against civil law and divine law. After all it is not called black sin. We see it happening every day.
That's not sin, that's crime, and we already have statutes in place to punish that.

You assertion that the bible is the sole source of our moral code is ahistorical and erroneous.

Have you heard of the Ten Commandments?

So mods, am I going to get banned again from this thread? Or is everyone whose apparently going off topic?
It would be incredibly hard to live without sin.
Lucky all you have to do is say sorry.

GOTHELIONS16

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That's not sin, that's crime, and we already have statutes in place to punish that.

You assertion that the bible is the sole source of our moral code is ahistorical and erroneous.

But the Big Bang THEORY is flawed? So how did the order of the universe come about?

Yes it is impossible for humans to live without sin.

No, it’s more than talk, it’s walking the walk.
What’s the saying?
It’s far easier to enter a camel than it is to pass a needle through the eye of your…hang on that’s not right

GOTHELIONS16

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What’s the saying?
It’s far easier to enter a camel than it is to pass a needle through the eye of your…hang on that’s not right
Yep it’s more easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle, then it is for a rich man to enter heaven. That is why the rich man, along with all men need the power of the cross. It is then, and only then, when anything is possible.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Don't make me laugh. If you talk fact and truth in this forum, people jump all over you. Nothing offends people more these days than the truth.
Stop avoiding the question. What is sacrosanct about belief?

Belief, after all, is merely someone saying “I don’t know the meaning of life any more than anyone else, but this is what I’ve decided to believe”.

What is so precious about that?

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
But the Big Bang THEORY is flawed? So how did the order of the universe come about?
Science doesn’t claim to have all the answers.

But any fool can see that in the several centuries since the start of the Enlightenment, science has been running rings round religion in respect of answers to the big questions.

LOL compare that to religion with its “we just don’t know. So it must be god!!”

And with rubbish like that theologians want to be considered intellectuals!

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep look up the evidence
"Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you bald head! Go up, you bald head!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths."

Story checks out...my apologies

Back