Android phones.

Remove this Banner Ad

S7 edge is the worst phone i have ever had. Internet connection constantly drops out,making it hard to watch footy. Doing my nut last night

Haven't had a problem with my non-edge s7 on Telstra network. The AFL app isn't the greatest, are the issues isolated to just the AFL app?

Anyone got the HTC 10 yet? I've had it for a week now, it's an absolute beast. Happy with everything so far, only problem I've found is the automatic brightness is a little slow to adjust. I've read other people have issues with it too, so should be fixed in a future update.

Other than that, can't fault it at all.

S7 edge is the worst phone i have ever had. Internet connection constantly drops out,making it hard to watch footy. Doing my nut last night
Strange, I've never had any internet issues with it. You might want to get it checked, the phone for me is brilliant.

I bought a Samsung S7 a few weeks back. Didn't get the edge version as the rounded screen seemed a bit awkward. Its a great phone but I'll probably end up selling it & grabbing an iPhone 7 when they come out due to a few gripes-

The back & multitask buttons are waaaay too sensitive. Too easy to accidentally press one when you're holding the phone watching a video.
Fingerprint sensor is alright but frequently gets it wrong and I have to shift finger position to activate it.
Always feels like it wants to slip out of my hands. Don't like the camera positioned smack in the middle, my fingers are often accidentally hitting it.
Built in speaker is really shitty.
Ios feels more cohesive & elegant than Android, although the customization of Android is really nice.

What I'll really miss when I go back to Apple is this amazing OLED display since the iphones aren't getting them until 2017. Its a major upgrade over the iphone's LCD. Also the camera on this phone is really impressive.

I bought a Samsung S7 a few weeks back. Didn't get the edge version as the rounded screen seemed a bit awkward. Its a great phone but I'll probably end up selling it & grabbing an iPhone 7 when they come out due to a few gripes-

The back & multitask buttons are waaaay too sensitive. Too easy to accidentally press one when you're holding the phone watching a video.
Fingerprint sensor is alright but frequently gets it wrong and I have to shift finger position to activate it.
Always feels like it wants to slip out of my hands. Don't like the camera positioned smack in the middle, my fingers are often accidentally hitting it.
Built in speaker is really shitty.
Ios feels more cohesive & elegant than Android, although the customization of Android is really nice.

What I'll really miss when I go back to Apple is this amazing OLED display since the iphones aren't getting them until 2017. Its a major upgrade over the iphone's LCD. Also the camera on this phone is really impressive.

Fair enough statements Bosk. The back and multitask buttons are mainly Samsung specific. Most other vendors have on screen controls. I agree with you on the inbuilt speaker being tinny.

One feature i'm using more often is screen recording via the game launcher. Great for recording short videos of gameplay and it also records mic audio as well as game audio so you can give commentary as you are playing your mobile game.

Fair enough statements Bosk. The back and multitask buttons are mainly Samsung specific. Most other vendors have on screen controls. I agree with you on the inbuilt speaker being tinny.

One feature i'm using more often is screen recording via the game launcher. Great for recording short videos of gameplay and it also records mic audio as well as game audio so you can give commentary as you are playing your mobile game.
Yeah don't get me wrong mate it's a brilliant phone in almost every respect and its not like iPhones are without their flaws either. Like I said the OLED screen is incredible which was what made me buy it.

I'm not much of a gamer these days so haven't checked out game launcher but people seemed to make a big deal of it in the Youtube reviews. Its amazing how much processing power phones are packing these days although I do wish they came with more onboard storage (admittedly the S7 can accept a 200gb SD card, another reason I bought it) because I have a large lossless music collection and if I throw in a bunch of hi-res movies a couple of hundred GB doesn't go as far as it used to. Pity Aussie mobile data is so scandalously expensive or cloud storage would become a more viable option.

Yeah don't get me wrong mate it's a brilliant phone in almost every respect and its not like iPhones are without their flaws either. Like I said the OLED screen is incredible which was what made me buy it.

I'm not much of a gamer these days so haven't checked out game launcher but people seemed to make a big deal of it in the Youtube reviews. Its amazing how much processing power phones are packing these days although I do wish they came with more onboard storage (admittedly the S7 can accept a 200gb SD card, another reason I bought it) because I have a large lossless music collection and if I throw in a bunch of hi-res movies a couple of hundred GB doesn't go as far as it used to. Pity Aussie mobile data is so scandalously expensive or cloud storage would become a more viable option.
One of the main reasons I went for this instead of waiting for the new iPhone was the extra storage for my music flac files.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the main reasons I went for this instead of waiting for the new iPhone was the extra storage for my music flac files.
Same here. I could make do with 128gb but an extra 100gb is a nice thing to have. Tidal streams FLAC but mobile data is such a ripoff.

There will be a 256gb iPhone 7 but in this day & age of many people replacing their deskops with phones & recording 4k video I'd like to see a 512gb option.

So, no other HTC 10 users? Can't believe how good this phone is.

Was using an S7 for a week before I got this. While the S7 is awesome, the 10 is a much nicer phone IMO. S7's camera is slightly better, but that's about it. Shame HTC doesn't get much love these days because if this doesn't sell well, it's probably the end of them as a phone manufacturer.

Was using an S7 for a week before I got this. While the S7 is awesome, the 10 is a much nicer phone IMO. S7's camera is slightly better, but that's about it. Shame HTC doesn't get much love these days because if this doesn't sell well, it's probably the end of them as a phone manufacturer.

I would love to get one but I don't feel there is a need replace my HTC m8 One just yet, still a great mobile.

And I agree it will be a shame when they seize to manufacture mobiles, I point the finger at their marketing dept....they just don't know how to sell their product

I would love to get one but I don't feel there is a need replace my HTC m8 One just yet, still a great mobile.

And I agree it will be a shame when they seize to manufacture mobiles, I point the finger at their marketing dept....they just don't know how to sell their product
Same with Motorola/Lenovo. In the US (and I think UK) at launch you could buy them at a very competitive price and customised to a point that no phone had ever been before. And it was fairly well known. In Australia you click buy phone and it took you do a ridiculously expensive Vodafone plan for either Black or White. No one knew s**t about them. People who did knew their price was absurd and black and white options disappointing. Vodafone couldn't even give them away til they recently hit the $40 plan (more as a clearance measure). Waste for what is a large but also largely terrific pure Android device.

If Lenovo have any brains they will do a better job with the Z.

I'm saving for one. Planning on cutting my 6S contract with Telstra and returning to an android device on a cheaper BYO contract with a better telco so I can get a bigger data plan for cheap. There's really nothing I do that necessitates me having an iPhone, much to my surprise, as the whole reason I bought an iPhone was because the industry I'm in makes you feel like you need one (all the latest apps are iOS exclusive etc). Probably doesn't help I'm so ingrained into the Google ecosystem.. Plus I just miss having an android device. I wanted something stock like the 6P but the HTC 10 looks class. I'll pick one up.

Where do people go to purchase phones these days? In a store, or online?

What are the best online stores to purchase phones in Australia?
Kogan online if you're buying a phone outright.

Bought a Nexus 7 tablet three years ago and never really used it that much. It's the only Android device I've ever bought, I just wanted to get to learn the operating system a bit. Well it had been gathering dust until a couple weeks ago and I've been using it quite a bit. Yeah it's a tad slow but I do like it. I watch iView and Foxtel on it, and want to use it as a Kindle e-reader. Have upgraded to KitKat 4.4, don't think I want to go to Marshmallow cos it will probably slow it down even more.

It's so good to have a big screen to check CricInfo or FootyLive.

One thing I don't get with Android that seems more obvious with iOS is what new features there are with each new o/s version. And what's with every app wanting access to everything? I just accept all the time but I'm not happy about it. I like how iOS prompts you anytime an app needs access to another app. For example, Twitter or Facebook will prompt you the first time for access to your Camera and Photos. But these can be switched off in General Settings if you wish.

Discount iTunes cards are handy too, can often get 20-25% off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back