Andy D calls for James Hird to consider stepping down

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering why people (here and the media) are calling for Hird to be sacked/stand down because of Dank's allegations that he injected him with drugs. Even if this is true and these drugs are banned by WADA, the way I understand it, the WADA policy doesn't apply to coaches and officials. So why does it matter if Hird was injected. The only way that I can see this being an issue is if he did it in front of players or was doing it in the coaches box during a game, but even then WADA have no say in that, it would be a matter for Essendon to deal with in house.

The only way I see Hird being sacked or him standing down is if it is proven that Essendon players took banned substances during his time at the club. I see that it has been widely reported that Essendon players had taken AOD9406, Thymosin, and some kind of pigs brain extract. Are theses substances even banned? If they are banned, and Essendon clearly tried to use them to get a physical advantage over the competition, then throw the book at Essendon, sack Hirdy and Evans and suspend their players, but at this stage I seems as though not even ASADA know if these substances are banned or not.
Same reason that your parents shouldn't smoke,drink and gamble in front of you when your a kid......sets a bad example

Same reason that your parents shouldn't smoke,drink and gamble in front of you when your a kid......sets a bad example
Lol Even if Hird took the supplements Dank claimed they are readily available medications commonly given in anti ageing clinics every day. They're basically body image supplements taken by people who want to look a bit younger.

How is that a bad example?

Did he do it in front of Essendon players? Haven't heard anyone claim he did. If not then who cares what he did or didn't do. If he did do it in front of them, isn't that a matter for Essendon to deal with in house as they see fit (as it only effects them)? Seriously the media has become so petty.

Youre right, Andy shouldnt eat in fornt of the Exec, theyll all get fat(ter) and Caro will slam him.

Now there is an imagine to induce blindness - Vlad being slammed by Caro :eek: :mad: :(

Now is the time to open all closets and let the skeletons out, some with the meat still clinging to the bone.
James Hird has the courage to face his accusors, unlike those who hide in the shadows of the House.

At least those who originate from Canberra have courage - some in the media's eye, another hidden.

If he falls, others will too.

I never understood this idea that somebody accused of something should stand down until the investigation is over. Smacks of punishing the innocent to me. The only time I consider it warrented is when the person is accused of abusing their power over much weaker people and unless they are stood down it is impossable to stop such abuse if it is occuring.

Andy D's comment about standing down being one of the choices open to Hird was meh. But he should never had made the comments he made about he knowing more then the public knows and that more will come out in the same context. Made it seem as if he knew Hird had done something, not proper for him to do this.

I never understood this idea that somebody accused of something should stand down until the investigation is over. Smacks of punishing the innocent to me. The only time I consider it warrented is when the person is accused of abusing their power over much weaker people and unless they are stood down it is impossable to stop such abuse if it is occuring.

Andy D's comment about standing down being one of the choices open to Hird was meh. But he should never had made the comments he made about he knowing more then the public knows and that more will come out in the same context. Made it seem as if he knew Hird had done something, not proper for him to do this.

I coudn't agree agree more, Baldur. You're right on the money.
How about an organisation against a teenager? A David an Goliath situation?

What like when a 20yr old football is pressured into to a series of injections and is ensured they are safe to take but then 6 month later can't be guaranteed that they were?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he's now distancing himself from this, denying he called for Hird to step down, and angry that reporters don't have more accountability. Interesting.

He never did call for Hird to step down.

‘‘As he goes through his thought process ... that is an option he has to consider,’’ Demetriou said.

‘‘He has got an outstanding position in this game. He’s been a wonderful servant to the Essendon Football Club, an ornament to AFL football.

‘‘He’s entitled to be able to put his position forward, which he will get the opportunity (to do) next week with ASADA.

‘‘In the interim, those are the things that will have to cross his mind when he’s contemplating what he’s going to say to ASADA.’’ Demetriou stopped short of saying he’d prefer Hird to step aside.

But he said he was disappointed with the allegations which have engulfed both Hird and Essendon - admitting the more he found out in briefings about the issue, the more concerned he became.

‘‘You can’t help but be disappointed, particularly as you find out more and understand more about what was going on,’’ Demetriou said.

‘‘You’d appreciate I’ve got briefings that are more advanced than what’s in the public domain. I think it’s terribly important that we now get the investigations finalised quickly.

‘‘Then we can get to the truth.’’

Finally he's asked the media to be accountable..

I wouldn't put to much stock in the nobility of Andy, he's interest is the afl and would quickly cut someone loose if it suits.

He used the classic politicians ploy of putting an idea out there without fully committing, to see how it would be received. When there's a backlash he quickly backs away and accuses the media of beating it up. It's a tactic he uses often and to great effect.

He's a savy media performer and new exactly how his words would be received. He was very careful in his wording throughout that initial interview.

I wouldn't put to much stock in the nobility of Andy, he's interest is the afl and would quickly cut someone loose if it suits.

He used the classic politicians ploy of putting an idea out there without fully committing, to see how it would be received. When there's a backlash he quickly backs away and accuses the media of beating it up. It's a tactic he uses often and to great effect.

He's a savy media performer and new exactly how his words would be received. He was very careful in his wording throughout that initial interview.

Very true, hence why he has the top job. There is more than meets the eye with old Andrew.

Finally he's asked the media to be accountable..

I think its actually pretty weak by Vlad. Yes the media ran with it, probably harder than fair, but Vlad was the moron who said he had seen more than the public and he was shitting his panties.

Vlad screwed up by allowing Neil Mitchell to get the quote in the first place, and then he blames the media for running with it. Vlad needs to eat a fair chunk of this s**t sandwich, not just the media for reporting it

I think its actually pretty weak by Vlad. Yes the media ran with it, probably harder than fair, but Vlad was the moron who said he had seen more than the public and he was shitting his panties.

Vlad screwed up by allowing Neil Mitchell to get the quote in the first place, and then he blames the media for running with it. Vlad needs to eat a fair chunk of this s**t sandwich, not just the media for reporting it

Just a tactic, put the idea out and see if it resonates, when the backlash ensured back away and blame the media. Does it all the time, very calculated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back