Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

His laugh on Friday Front Bar every time someone says something :huh:

Pretty sure that was Mark Robinson's comment about him "Mick Molloy makes jokes, Sam Pang makes jokes, and you laugh."

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So many of us appear to have gained a XMas wish - Andy Maher appears to be finished in his current role as afternoon host at SEN as of this Friday.

While you don't wish ill on anyone - my ears will no longer scream if I happen to shift the dial to 1116 between 12 and 3.

All the best to Andy and I hope he finds a comfortable off air role somewhere in sport media.

The Blue Baggers

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
So many of us appear to have gained a XMas wish - Andy Maher appears to be finished in his current role as afternoon host at SEN as of this Friday.

While you don't wish ill on anyone - my ears will no longer scream if I happen to shift the dial to 1116 between 12 and 3.

All the best to Andy and I hope he finds a comfortable off air role somewhere in sport media.
Well said , off air I played cricket against him & he was an ok bloke

On air he needed to learn the art of asking a question without answering it !!

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda

Hope that also means we won't have to hear from Andrew Gaze ever again

joe444

Club Legend
Jul 9, 2006
Franga
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you blokes - and this is a, um a ki- ah - look, in this day and age where there are so many people in the meeedja competing for our attention. Do you blokes think - like, in the overall scale of things, and I think I know what you're going to say here - most people would say the answer is no but they might just be the naysayers. Do you, um, think he knows how to ask a question?

Do you blokes - and this is a, um a ki- ah - look, in this day and age where there are so many people in the meeedja competing for our attention. Do you blokes think - like, in the overall scale of things, and I think I know what you're going to say here - most people would say the answer is no but they might just be the naysayers. Do you, um, think he knows how to ask a question?

add to that

"and you know better than me, you played the game at the highest level"

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Glad to see SEN have finally moved him on. Surprised it didn't happen last year after he was kicked off breakfast but maybe it was a contract thing.

Funnily enough the last two days have been some of the best radio I've heard him do.

Private Hudson

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Hahahaha spot on

May 22, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Where do you blokes think this ranks in the pantheon of great Andy Maher moments?

maher.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

Hahaha, very good

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hope that also means we won't have to hear from Andrew Gaze ever again
The ultimate know nothing.
Just not smart.
Garbled talker, poor radio voice, no talent.
If he wasn't successful,in Aust basketball, you'd have to wonder what he'd be good at?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maher, too long winded.....
See, Andy, I keep it brief.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

He and Dermie having a conversation would make the ears bleed

What happens with SEN for the next few weeks? Like what are the programming changes until they start again in 2017?
Pretty sure Matt Granland and Darren Berry do the morning run over xmas but unsure who is filling in the other slots.

Agree 100 per cent. Some of us couldn't give a **** about soccer Franky boy.
I dont mind soccer, i just find he annoys me badly. Go back to Marko and the Ox imo

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Agree 100 per cent. Some of us couldn't give a **** about soccer Franky boy.

It is a sports station where they talk about... you know, sports? Some of us couldn't give a * about golf either but that doesn't stop Mark Allen from turning every conversation into something about it.

I'd happily have Berry on permanently. Very good on the radio and the only guy on SEN who knows anything about cricket.
Yeah completely agree.
Granland small doses but it definitely seems like they are grooming Chuck for a role.
Cooney and Bartel are others who have had a bit of time on air lately

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
I'd happily have Berry on permanently. Very good on the radio and the only guy on SEN who knows anything about cricket.

Considering how popular cricket is in Victoria, SEN has treated it dismally during its tenure, especially with how much coverage a sport like golf gets on the show. It took many years iirc for SEN to have any sort of cricket-specific show on their schedule while every other sport seemed to get a go. And that they have somebody like Rodney Hogg as their cricket ‘expert’ says it all.

They’ve basically treated cricket as a sport that their plethora of footy-centric hosts will cover even if they follow it only very generally. Some like Kevin Bartlett do a decent job on that level but the input of Darren Berry just shows how lacking they’ve been in that area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back