Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
I blame Tim Watson. :D When Garry Lyon left SEN after the first or second year, they wanted to replace him with someone who'd work for peanuts and make Tim and Billy Brownless look good. I'm pretty sure Maher worked behind the scenes on the old Talking Footy when it was on Ch 7 and Watson was on it. So, there's the link. :hand:;):thumbsu:

Last edited:

Custard Guts

Team Captain
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For all of you who'd been understandably wondering what Andy's 'O' face looks like, you're welcome ...

Now excuse me while I go and remove my eyeballs with a rusty ice cream scoop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mhill

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #813
So has 7 signed Maher just for the cricket or footy next year
Please, please, please be trolling. Can you imagine how long he can go on making points that go round in circles?
“He may or may not have bent his arm illegally then and I’m not saying for 1 minute he’s a chucker, that’s for others to decide but gee you just have to wonder if this is good for the game, does the game need this controversy now...”
Starc bowls, leaves outside off stump
“Where is cricket, if you look at all sports around the world and I’m not saying cricket is in crisis and that doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t in crisis, where does cricket find itself as a global sports loved by millions around the world, when there is this amount of conjecture, speculation, rumour and innuendo about a bent arm?”

“Andy, you can throw the bowl from the outfield with a bent elbow, it’s bowling to a batsman which is considered illegal”

Draft Pick

Club Legend
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Please, please, please be trolling. Can you imagine how long he can go on making points that go round in circles?
“He may or may not have bent his arm illegally then and I’m not saying for 1 minute he’s a chucker, that’s for others to decide but gee you just have to wonder if this is good for the game, does the game need this controversy now...”
“Where is cricket, if you look at all sports around the world and I’m not saying cricket is in crisis and that doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t in crisis, where does cricket find itself as a global sports loved by millions around the world, when there is this amount of conjecture, speculation, rumour and innuendo about a bent arm?”

“Andy, you can throw the bowl from the outfield with a bent elbow, it’s bowling to a batsman which is considered illegal”
Back when he and Luke Darcy were at Channel 10 I recall when Robert Dickson the documentary maker and former Hawthorn and Brisbane player died, and he went on this long rambling tribute to him. Problem was he forgot to mention why he was paying tribute to him, and Darce had to chip in to say that Robert had died.

Judd2Sewell

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

I heard his voice when reading that, it was like your post was channeling him.

Saintly Viewed

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was at a Bruce Springsteen concert and could tell it was Andy Maher in the distance.
Was with his wife I presume. Fair enough.

But was certain it was him because you could see he never stopped talking and talking and talking and talking....

Top Bottom