Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Cleavy

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Please, please, please be trolling. Can you imagine how long he can go on making points that go round in circles?
“He may or may not have bent his arm illegally then and I’m not saying for 1 minute he’s a chucker, that’s for others to decide but gee you just have to wonder if this is good for the game, does the game need this controversy now...”
Starc bowls, leaves outside off stump
“Where is cricket, if you look at all sports around the world and I’m not saying cricket is in crisis and that doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t in crisis, where does cricket find itself as a global sports loved by millions around the world, when there is this amount of conjecture, speculation, rumour and innuendo about a bent arm?”

“Andy, you can throw the bowl from the outfield with a bent elbow, it’s bowling to a batsman which is considered illegal”
So he’s Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls cartoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the_interloper

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
I find it ironic that Andy “the walking cliche” Maher laughs at Greg West clumsily playing all over a slow off spinning Yorker by Dwayne Bravo as it may as well be an analogy of you trying to play the knowledgeable commentator in any form of competitive sport. Peanut.
Blokes who aren’t former players shouldn’t laugh at players during commentary. Former players shouldn’t really either to be honest but Andy Maher shouldn’t be doing that.

MJG14

Team Captain
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
On BBL again tonight, apparently on Fox as well. Can't get rid of those long winded questions no matter what channel you put on.
Ricky Ponting doesn't seem to be a big fan either.

CJApples87

Club Legend
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers
On BBL again tonight, apparently on Fox as well. Can't get rid of those long winded questions no matter what channel you put on.
Ricky Ponting doesn't seem to be a big fan either.
Twice today Ricky Ponting had discussed something on camera and Andy Maher asked him a question about exactly what Ponting was saying.

As an example. He said ‘Cameron Bancroft would be thinking X, Y and Z coming in to this game.’
Andy Maher: ‘So what would Cameron Bancroft be thinking coming in to this game?’

Ponting was clearly getting frustrated.

mhill

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #856
Twice today Ricky Ponting had discussed something on camera and Andy Maher asked him a question about exactly what Ponting was saying.

As an example. He said ‘Cameron Bancroft would be thinking X, Y and Z coming in to this game.’
Andy Maher: ‘So what would Cameron Bancroft be thinking coming in to this game?’

Ponting was clearly getting frustrated.
I actually more surprised that he didn’t ask that question if Ricky and then answer it for him before asking it again - that’s what he normally does

“So Ricky, what would be going through Cam Bancroft’s mind right now? Would he be thinking a,b,c?
Ricky “I just said that Andy”

mhill

Club Legend
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #858
He’s done I again....
Strikers vs Renegades,

“Ohhh Eees run out, ah no, hang on, he might be in, ah they’re referring it......he’s looks like he’s out but we can’t categorically call it, jeeeez we’re just can’t be sure, they’re referring it.... oooh eees done well to ground eees bat but was it enough”
(All the while, Tuffers after seeing the first replay simply said - “he’s bounced the bat, his out”)
And he was.

Prat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr X

Club Legend
AFL Club
Geelong
I am sure it is part of the reason BBL isn’t as watchable this year.

When Brad Hodge comes across as the commentary star in a team of 3 (Maher and Tuffnell) there are huge issues

Turnover

All Australian
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
No real problem - he has actually really improved this year. If anyrhing, he can sound pretty flat and bland at times - but it is a fine line!
At times meaning all the time? He’s boring.

Ronnie Baby

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat
At times meaning all the time? He’s boring.
Good thing he's got Andy there to relentlessly question him about tactics

You'd think after commentating on BBL for several years he'd have a ******* opinion of his own

Turnover

All Australian
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Good thing he's got Andy there to relentlessly question him about tactics

You'd think after commentating on BBL for several years he'd have a ******* opinion of his own
His opinion is mashed in with his questions.

MJG14

Team Captain
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
Look, he might be a nice guy (i've seen people say that he is), but he is certainly a 'yes man' who agrees with everything that people say.

Benny78

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bill Shorten
He's shit and unfunny there's nothing to get. Had the right mates in the right place or worked his dog days as a lighting man for Jerry Seinfield.

Top Bottom