Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

What is it with SEN and the managements love affair with presenters with speech impediments?

First we had Emily Angwin...who sounded like she had a peg on her nose.

Now we have the Maher/Gaze clusterf@#k....Maher repeatedly talking over the top of Gaze in some lame attempt at ‘stirring’ Gaze up.....but only making everything Gaze says unintelligible.

And when we get to hear the ‘profound thoughts’ of Gaze.....old ‘stumble-bum’ needs three goes to articulate what colour shirt he’s wearing.

And now we have ‘Stone-Cold’ reading the news....the nick-name is another dash of ‘Maher humour’ (April Austen) ..with the voice of a 12 year old and no concept of what a contextual pause is...so one article runs in to another - its like a 12 year old running home and reporting what happened at school ....

It really is radio for the sub-intellect.....I’ve been hoping the standard would lift....but when Maher thinks he’s ‘clever’....there’s no hope for a quality product.

Last edited:
He’s surviving in an industry where the odds would normally suggest he wouldn’t.
He knows the landscape and is fully prepared to play the game so as to continue to survive and make a living …
Yeah. He's a cockroach.

I just read the 'Each AFL club in six words or less' bit on the SEN website. Maher, De Stoopid, and Gaze. (Might as well call them all De Stoopid. You'd get more intellectual conversation from Cam Luke and Adam Cooney discussing their morning bowel movements.)

Anyway, so the key phrase here is 'six words or less'. Already that's a tough ask for Ramblin' Andy. But it's the name of the segment, surely he can count to six. Surely they prepare this beforehand.

So, how did he go?

Melbourne: seven words (not a great start).
Freo: four (well done)
Brisbane: two (wow)
Sydney: seven
St Kilda: two
Geelong: four (or five if you're an SEN subbie and think thereabouts is two words)
Carlton: seven
Collingwood: six (or five and the non-word - in this context - 'cocker'. * you and your try-hard blokey colloquialisms, Maaaaah.)
Hawthorn: six
Adelaide: six
Bulldogs: one
Richmond: one
Gold Coast: two
Port: three
GWS: three
Essendon: seven
West Coast: five
North: nine (“No idea what to say about North right now.” Nine words to say nothing. So Andy.)

So, only five out of 18 he couldn't keep to the limit. Probably a personal best. Let's see how he goes next week.

He's obsessed with the 5 minute warning clock ten used to have.

Sums the bloke up that he wants to force his personal preference on other people. Makes no sense to give the viewer less information, at best they can include an option for a 5 minute warning for people who want it somehow or just put a tissue box over the time but don't force things on the consumer they don't want.

He's obsessed with the 5 minute warning clock ten used to have.

Sums the bloke up that he wants to force his personal preference on other people. Makes no sense to give the viewer less information, at best they can include an option for a 5 minute warning for people who want it somehow or just put a tissue box over the time but don't force things on the consumer they don't want.
I'm a consumer and I want it. Don't project your own feelings onto everyone else. Reeeeee

Is the front bar filmed live? Pretty sure it is from previous experience when they have continued on live after games.

Andy Maher just included Patrick Dangerfield to kick 2 goals v freo in the Micks multi segment just there.

Dangerfield is not playing this weekend.
Great research there Andy

His missus is a pretty good sort. Bloke has done alright in that department

Oh yes...he’s got the ‘perfect life’ has the Marcellin(?) boy.....Pretty and intelligent wife, kids, house in Clifton Hill, great jobs. - pity it’s all premised on the creation of cubic litres of hot air in the ultimate creation of the meaningless.

Child to Father in 15 years - What work did you do Dad?

Father - I yarped.

Is the front bar filmed live? Pretty sure it is from previous experience when they have continued on live after games.

Andy Maher just included Patrick Dangerfield to kick 2 goals v freo in the Micks multi segment just there.

Not sure Andy writes every segment.

They have a team of writers so I would be blaming them more than Radar or do we blame Mick Molloy because the segment is named after him?

I went I reckon 4 years or so ago now and it was def live then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We finally got to hear the real Andy on the drive show tonight

He was talking about the new Saudi golf tour and was defending any young player for joining it due to the money

So at the end of the day our woke crusader has shown that one thing rules all for him

money GIF

We finally got to hear the real Andy on the drive show tonight

He was talking about the new Saudi golf tour and was defending any young player for joining it due to the money

So at the end of the day our woke crusader has shown that one thing rules all for him

money GIF
It’s a pity someone wouldn’t cancel this woke prick. His commentary on the election was insufferable

What was he saying? I bet he was crying because he was so proud of all the teal independent women changing Australian politics
The greatest couple of hours of radio I ever heard was when he and RoCo were on air in 2016 US elections. They went from deriding Trump as an easy way to reality very quickly. Car crash good radio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back