Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A
The problem is whenever anything is not a white straight male as the star, certain people just assume that the other people don't 'deserve' it or its 'wrong'.

Look at the backlash black little mermaid, the new lord of the rings series and the new house of the dragon series just for having characters that arent white.
Literally all set in fantasy made up worlds, but people getting angry because there's black characters?
Like why do we care, these are made up characters in a made up world. Only the most fragile person must get upset by these things.

People getting angry about this stuff always quote your favourite word 'woke', so maybe best to avoid it if you want people to continue thinking you're a good person.

They keep saying 'go woke go broke', except it hasnt happened yet. In fact research shows companies that show a more socially inclusive style or policy succeeds far more in today's society.
Fortunately Andy is definitely not going “broke “ So long aa the Gambling and CUB ad’s keep funding his main gigs 👍

How many non-white, male show hosts at SEN. Let’s see? - there’s :
Gaz,
Timmy,
Gerard,
Dwanyo,
Cornsey,
Andy,
Gazey,
Edmund,
bucks ,
King’y,
And old mate Pickers …

Give that man …the Hutch-master - the GONG for on of the most successful “socially inclusive” business. 👍🏆🏅🎗️

gouki88

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
A

Fortunately Andy is definitely not going “broke “ So long aa the Gambling and CUB ad’s keep funding his main gigs 👍

How many non-white, male show hosts at SEN. Let’s see? - there’s :
Gaz,
Timmy,
Gerard,
Dwanyo,
Cornsey,
Andy,
Gazey,
Edmund,
bucks ,
King’y,
And old mate Pickers …

Give that man …the Hutch-master - the GONG for on of the most successful “socially inclusive” business. 👍🏆🏅🎗️
Point being that if SEN were to introduce more diverse hiring policies for talent, the odds are they would be more profitable.

However, with Hutchy in charge... unlikely

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Point being that if SEN were to introduce more diverse hiring policies for talent, the odds are they would be more profitable.

However, with Hutchy in charge... unlikely
Hutchy would sell his mother for $1 …

So if he though a diversity policy would be more profitable? ….. he’d have done it.

gouki88

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Hutchy would sell his mother for $1 …

So if he though a diversity policy would be more profitable? ….. he’d would have done it.
I agree, but I also think Hutchy loves his connections and friends, who he wants to have on SEN

killtaker1993

All Australian
Suspended
Sep 17, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Boys Light Up.

So Andy was presumably offended because the song promotes smoking (of all kinds)?

I bet if they played 'Errol' by Australian Crawl instead he would still get offended because Errol Flynn banged a lot of hot women back in his day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uncle_Leo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2002
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Clippers
No wonder Geelong are a destination club, Jeremy Cameron put his medal on a cow

Probably should have run that tweet past your wife Andy, horrendous

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How many things in the GF today will upset Andy?

Andy was offended by the ridicule towards the Yarra River “Barge’s” during the parade.

Maher released the following:

I’ve been appalled at the recent incessant mocking toward several innocent barges”

I call on the ARBA ( Aust. River Barges Assoc.) to wrap their arms around the victims”

I just want to send my love to all those barges out there. I hear you, I see you “

End

Maurice Mitchell

All Australian
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
The Boys Light Up.

So Andy was presumably offended because the song promotes smoking (of all kinds)?

I bet if they played 'Errol' by Australian Crawl instead he would still get offended because Errol Flynn banged a lot of hot women back in his day
Sex and drug references.

Has Andy and the others complained to the FM stations who’ve been playing it for 40 years?

Uncle_Leo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2002
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Clippers
If it turns out the claims against Fagan and Clarkson are wrong I'll be calling in every day to the Run Home

I'll be calling in as Woke Warrick from Werribee, please listen out for me.

Remove this Banner Ad