Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't though as far as I can tell, went to Marcellin College which is in Bulleen, hardly Bogansville. Agree his voice is awful though, not good for radio. Couple this with his never ending questions...
If I may correct you.

You mentioned his never ending questions, plural.

He’s still on his first question. :eek:

:p

He does a great job on The Front Bar.
AhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaHaaaaahaaaahaaaaaaahaaa

Stop for breath.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa

If sounding like a sycophantic donkey with a sinus infection that just inhaled a vat of laughing gas can be called doing a good job. Then yeah he does a good job....I guess.

That insufferable canned larf is like a f*cken spanner in a tumble dryer and the kind of noise you might expect if he reluctantly agreed to skit where he takes a prostate exam on camera for the LOLs.

Hehahehahehahehahooooo. Ohhhh c'mon you blokes. Hohahohahaaa eeeee jeez oim a good sport.

I'm truly sorry for the mental image.

I will preface this with overall, he is pretty good on the front bar, and there is an element here of "dammed if you are authentic, dammed if you aren't"

He certainly has some mannerisms though that show he is far from a polished performer, and really hasn't had anyone work with him on his on camera body language and behaviour.

He quite often seems to get caught watching himself/the show on I'm guessing a monitor. He leans back and crosses his arms, and seems to be looking downwards at something, which I am guessing is himself rather than looking at fellow panelists/guests or directly into the camera. The nervous twitch from him seems to be to scratch the side of his head. It is his go to play whenever there is a jab thrown at someone, or the content is a little risque. Lastly, actually seen him a few times wipe his nose via his hand across his face.

Nitpicking for sure, but now they have been shared with you, you won't be watch without constantly seeing them. Sharing is caring! o_O

If he got rid of the cringeworthy forced laughter he’d be fine as a host. Just stop doing it. It’s obviously forced and it makes for uncomfortable viewing. Not every joke is wet your pants material.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I rate him. Definitely drinks his own bath water but if we're comparing him to some of his colleagues he's actually ok.

Gosh I wish I found this thread earlier,

Andy Maher is probably the most excruciating person to watch on anything, cricket, Front Bar, anything. His presence just brings the whole vibe down with his age and this is exemplified on the FB when he's trying to involve himself in the conversation Mick and Pang are having but just gets ignored and is a running joke on the show. Has no banter to contribute, is just boring and dull even when commentating. Seems like he is more interested with the people next to him than the actual sporting event.

Someone get this bloke off my television.

if we're comparing him to some of his colleagues he's actually ok.
That's pretty easy when you've got Sam Maclure and Damian Barrett in the industry

Andy seems like an ok person who probably knows his sport however he is not a good lead commentator on any sport, I can tolerate him on The Front Bar however it amazes me how he continously pops up everywhere when he's quite monotonous.

Gosh I wish I found this thread earlier,

Andy Maher is probably the most excruciating person to watch on anything, cricket, Front Bar, anything. His presence just brings the whole vibe down with his age and this is exemplified on the FB when he's trying to involve himself in the conversation Mick and Pang are having but just gets ignored and is a running joke on the show. Has no banter to contribute, is just boring and dull even when commentating. Seems like he is more interested with the people next to him than the actual sporting event.

Someone get this bloke off my television.

He also walks around the block a few times just to ask one simple question.

He also walks around the block a few times just to ask one simple question.
Exactly, always stuttering trying to get the conversation back onto the main topic by trying to interrupt Micky but he just fails and has to repeat it several times but the others just dont give a rats of what he has to say.

This man is not built to be on a show like the Front Bar.

Listening to him on SEN during finals, it really drove home how much he just sucks up the arse of every caller, and never ventures his own actual opinion.

[Hawk caller says they'll beat Melbourne]

"Yeah nah, that's so true, Hawthorn know how to get the business done in September, can we really say that about Melbourne, youse blokes would be favourites I reckon"

[Melb caller says they'll beat Hawthorn]

"Yeah you make some great points, momentum is definitely with the Dees, they look ready to go far this finals series, reckon their game style can beat Hawthorn who looked poor last week..."

[Wash Rinse Repeat for 4 weeks]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back