Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

I blame Tim Watson. :D When Garry Lyon left SEN after the first or second year, they wanted to replace him with someone who'd work for peanuts and make Tim and Billy Brownless look good. I'm pretty sure Maher worked behind the scenes on the old Talking Footy when it was on Ch 7 and Watson was on it. So, there's the link. :hand:;):thumbsu:

Last edited:

He asks

Very very very very very very

loooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg

questions

So has 7 signed Maher just for the cricket or footy next year

Please, please, please be trolling. Can you imagine how long he can go on making points that go round in circles?
“He may or may not have bent his arm illegally then and I’m not saying for 1 minute he’s a chucker, that’s for others to decide but gee you just have to wonder if this is good for the game, does the game need this controversy now...”
Starc bowls, leaves outside off stump
“Where is cricket, if you look at all sports around the world and I’m not saying cricket is in crisis and that doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t in crisis, where does cricket find itself as a global sports loved by millions around the world, when there is this amount of conjecture, speculation, rumour and innuendo about a bent arm?”

“Andy, you can throw the bowl from the outfield with a bent elbow, it’s bowling to a batsman which is considered illegal”

Please, please, please be trolling. Can you imagine how long he can go on making points that go round in circles?
“He may or may not have bent his arm illegally then and I’m not saying for 1 minute he’s a chucker, that’s for others to decide but gee you just have to wonder if this is good for the game, does the game need this controversy now...”
“Where is cricket, if you look at all sports around the world and I’m not saying cricket is in crisis and that doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t in crisis, where does cricket find itself as a global sports loved by millions around the world, when there is this amount of conjecture, speculation, rumour and innuendo about a bent arm?”

“Andy, you can throw the bowl from the outfield with a bent elbow, it’s bowling to a batsman which is considered illegal”
Back when he and Luke Darcy were at Channel 10 I recall when Robert Dickson the documentary maker and former Hawthorn and Brisbane player died, and he went on this long rambling tribute to him. Problem was he forgot to mention why he was paying tribute to him, and Darce had to chip in to say that Robert had died.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard his voice when reading that, it was like your post was channeling him.

Was at a Bruce Springsteen concert and could tell it was Andy Maher in the distance.
Was with his wife I presume. Fair enough.

But was certain it was him because you could see he never stopped talking and talking and talking and talking....

Was at a Bruce Springsteen concert and could tell it was Andy Maher in the distance.
Was with his wife I presume. Fair enough.

But was certain it was him because you could see he never stopped talking and talking and talking and talking....

Imagine him interviewing Bruce.

So Bruce....you grew up in New Jersey, what's that like?
So Bruce, when you wrote Thunder Road, that must have been really amazing. How did it feel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back