Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine him interviewing Bruce.

So Bruce....you grew up in New Jersey, what's that like?
So Bruce, when you wrote Thunder Road, that must have been really amazing. How did it feel?

“Gee Bruce or The Boss as you are known, obviously in the ah music world, I just look back and think wow, the E street band, they were amazing and not just for you but for everyone who got to experience the. and I think if it’s ok for me to say and if you don’t mind what a great band they were for you, I mean you look at someone like Clarence Clemons who had such a diverse range of skills, If you look back the big bloke appeared in Dofferent Strokes and one of the Bill and Ted films and then blow me down the next night this legend is on sax blowing away on his sax, haha I mean just crazy stuff, but anyway so I guess in summary what my, well what I’m really trying to ask here Boss is... hello? Bruce? No looks like we might have lost him folks, that’s a shame, he certainly is one of the greats, listen what we might do is take a break and we will try get the Boss back, more with afternoons coming up!”

He tweeted recently he was finding it hard to support the NFL with how they treat domestic abuse.

Can almost guarantee he will be carrying on like a pork chop if they make the super bowl.

wonder if it happens in afl shall he feel the same way

He's against domestic abuse. Shouldn't we all be against that?
I think that’s an absolute given.
But it’s when some do the whole virtual signalling thing.
Then if their team does well it’s back to normal as if the virtual signalling was enough.

Though the issue is important ofcourse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How nauseating is he with Mel Jones? I get triggered when he calls her “Jonesy”

tenor.gif

Nick Stevens says hi Andy.

Spot on darce.

I think that’s an absolute given.
But it’s when some do the whole virtual signalling thing.
Then if their team does well it’s back to normal as if the virtual signalling was enough.

Though the issue is important ofcourse.

Spot on darce. Like with footy teams and players. Player from another club commits an offence. HANG EM!!!! Player does the same thing at your club. Yeah he's a good family guy, he's young he'll learn from it"

PS I hate the term virtue signalling. It's like terrorist. So often used it's lost all meaning.

Spot on darce.

Spot on darce. Like with footy teams and players. Player from another club commits an offence. HANG EM!!!! Player does the same thing at your club. Yeah he's a good family guy, he's young he'll learn from it"

PS I hate the term virtue signalling. It's like terrorist. So often used it's lost all meaning.
The term isn’t really a compliment anymore

Was it ever a compliment. I thought it was invented by the right to denigrate those who espouse publicly sound morals.
Or designed to call out people pretending to be holier than though.

Either or, depending on ones bent.

Or designed to call out people pretending to be holier than though.

Either or, depending on ones bent.

Im pretty much neutral, but reckon PC and virtue signalling are just throw away lines these days used often in anger.

Im pretty much neutral, but reckon PC and virtue signalling are just throw away lines these days used often in anger.
That’s a bingo!

Please, please, please be trolling. Can you imagine how long he can go on making points that go round in circles?
“He may or may not have bent his arm illegally then and I’m not saying for 1 minute he’s a chucker, that’s for others to decide but gee you just have to wonder if this is good for the game, does the game need this controversy now...”
Starc bowls, leaves outside off stump
“Where is cricket, if you look at all sports around the world and I’m not saying cricket is in crisis and that doesn’t necessarily mean it isn’t in crisis, where does cricket find itself as a global sports loved by millions around the world, when there is this amount of conjecture, speculation, rumour and innuendo about a bent arm?”

“Andy, you can throw the bowl from the outfield with a bent elbow, it’s bowling to a batsman which is considered illegal”

So he’s Mojo Jojo from the Powerpuff Girls cartoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back