Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Jul 3, 2011
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers
How on earth is this guy a commentator? (Unfortunately I can’t remember who the fielder in the area was)

“Oh and he’s misjudged it!”

What actually happened was the ball was going to Nic Maddinson and he called out the fielder and took a nice catch. He has absolutely no awareness about what is going on.

So the sound byte on Maddinson’s catch is “oh and yes misjudged it!”

thejockey

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox
My favourite Andy moment was 2 BBLs ago . He is in the box with Hodge and Tufnell . They start dicussing drs after a failed LBW appealed

Andy : so Hodgy/Tuffers you've both played at the highest, well the elite level of your sport . Would DRS be the type of thing that gets discussed in a team meeting or do you think the captain would give the green light or well the approval to make the call on the spot to use a review , if you thought it was out ?

Tuffnell : what was the question again ??

Jul 3, 2011
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers
My favourite Andy moment was 2 BBLs ago . He is in the box with Hodge and Tufnell . They start dicussing drs after a failed LBW appealed

Andy : so Hodgy/Tuffers you've both played at the highest, well the elite level of your sport . Would DRS be the type of thing that gets discussed in a team meeting or do you think the captain would give the green light or well the approval to make the call on the spot to use a review , if you thought it was out ?

Tuffnell : what was the question again ??

Phil Tuffnell took the piss out of him every time they commentated together.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I remember growing up mhaer would play that scary character at a lift with someone else to get footy news. Other than that I don't watch or listen,

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Foxtel/Kayo must be licking their lips at the mediocrity constantly rolled out by 7 for AFL & BBL...

It can't be that hard to commentate. Brenton Speed isn't an AFL guy to my knowledge but he is great when he calls a game. Does his research so he doesn't mix up all the players and doesn't make himself the center of attention. Then you get guys like Andy who supposedly are cricket guys and they're clueless?!

How do you get into these jobs (and keep them) when you're so bad?!?! His agent must give fantastic head to the people in charge...

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Noticed he's the runner for Carlton's AFLW team tonight. If he gives directions like he asks questions, the quarter would be half over by the time he gets to the point.

Out Injured : Andy Maher

EQKi-Y8UUAA6dDr

Last edited:
Back