Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Without going back and getting direct quotes, during the Carlton Show he would sometimes go in quite hard at players, coaches and especially club administrators when he had strong views about whatever the topic was they were discussing at the time. I certainly didn't always agree with his views, but I respected him having his opinions and expressing them in a public forum.

Contrast that with his sycophantic refusal to critically examine anything to do with Essendon during the drugs saga, probably due to Tim Watson being the co-host on Sen am show at the time. He was like this with a lot of other club related chats where I felt his interviews never touched any sensitive topics.

These were just my impressions of the guy.

you are spot on.
They are the incoherent ramblings of a man who is in constant fear of losing his job.
It’s the first time he’s missed a shift on The Front Bar. This could only be because he would deep down know that possibly, quite possibly, the show might be ok without him.

you are spot on.
They are the incoherent ramblings of a man who is in constant fear of losing his job.
It’s the first time he’s missed a shift on The Front Bar. This could only be because he would deep down know that possibly, quite possibly, the show might be ok without him.
Funny you say that. He was used on sen ads recently sounding heavily sick with the flu but for tropper ignored all health request to stay at home and not work. Even if he was at home, he shouldn't have been used during these times.

He just swore on air during the Stars vs Sixers game.
Not a big deal as he said “s**t” but FFS, can’t we expect a base level of professionalism from him?
The inane ramblings, the constant speaking in cliches and the elongated, going round in circles questioning are bad enough but now he can’t even commentate without swearing.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just swore on air during the Stars vs Sixers game.
Not a big deal as he said “sh*t” but FFS, can’t we expect a base level of professionalism from him?
The inane ramblings, the constant speaking in cliches and the elongated, going round in circles questioning are bad enough but now he can’t even commentate without swearing.
Yeah, f#$% him.

Yep it’s at epidemic proportions. Unlistenable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It would be good if Maher were to drop the F-word live on air, like Ian Chappell or Tony Modra, and was fired.

We can only hope that the axing would put paid to Yoose Blokes' sports media industry career.

His voice at 11pm when he comes on the Olympic coverage is intolerable. Just makes your ears bleed.

Andy not so woke to still take a pay check from the same company who employed Bogut on commentary though.

Dollar rules above all else for Andy, he can be pretend to be as woke as he wants to be,

What are words for if they convey no meaning. Empty signifiers sitting in text pretending to actually communicate something. There is no more empty "word" than "Woke"
Which is probably why it was turned into a derogatory term against the very people who coined and used it, just a vacuous word that means nothing to normal people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back