Andy Maher - Sorry but I don't get it

Remove this Banner Ad

Had the misfortune of catching some of that "Shinya" abomination the other night.

He was using "Shags" and "Keefy" to refer to athletes he didn't know the name of. WTF IS THAT?

Sorry, but I thought his effort during the Olympics was cringeworthy. You've just finishing listening to the classy comments from the likes of Ian Thorpe, Anna Meares, etc., and the Maher hits you like a bout of diarrhea. Like some others, I just don't get it when it comes to Maher.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I thought his effort during the Olympics was cringeworthy. You've just finishing listening to the classy comments from the likes of Ian Thorpe, Anna Meares, etc., and the Maher hits you like a bout of diarrhea. Like some others, I just don't get it when it comes to Maher.

How was it when Andrew Gaze was wearing his heart on his sleeve and explaining what the Boomers winning bronze meant to him and his father on Saturday night, and Andy Maher was laughing at him? Unbelievable.

Obviously or perhaps not Andy Maher was deployed to appeal to the 'bogan demographic', but even they surely thought most of his input was utter nonsense..?

I like Andy. So there. Ok, sometimes he uses 50 words when 3 would do, but nobody's perfect. I find him relatable, knows his stuff and doesn't pretend to be the smartest bloke in the room, especially when in the company of experts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

his favorite beer is clearly some sh*t like Tooheys New and his favourite band of all time is The Proclaimers
I think he would be an undrinkable craft beer man. I know he froths over Weddings Parties Anything

Andy Maher, by all reliable reports, is a lovely bloke in real life. I've heard great stories about him, very friendly and supportive of those starting out in the industry.
Which makes it even harder for me to state that I can't stand to watch anything he's involved in.

It's the only explanation for the fact he's employed. He must be a great bloke or work for free.

I have it from good authority that Maher likes to keep busy, would go the opening of an envelope and also be a clown at kids parties if there was a dollar to be made - and only says no to assignments when he can't be in two places at once...
Also told, he's a far better producer, than a presenter - whereas if he got hit by a bus tomorrow, the Front Bar would likely be no more...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back