Anelka

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was worth its own thread, as it looks as if he will be contesting the charges. This is translated from his facebook page.

The English football Federation hired an expert to decide the meaning of my dumpling... The latter concluded that my gesture had an anti-Semitic connotation, which led to my indictment by the FA.

It would have been legitimate that this expert is french, living in France, and that could have an exact knowledge of my gesture.

What better expert than Mr. Cukierman, president of CRIF (Conseil Représentatif France Jewish Institutions), which explains it very clearly that my quenelle could not be considered to be anti-Semitic!

He also explained accurately and at what time this gesture could have such a connotation.

I therefore ask the English Federation to kindly remove the loads that me is accused. And I repeat, I am neither anti-Semitic nor racist.

The dumpling I believe is the english translation for the Quenelle.

3 more sponsors of WBA are threatening to withdraw sponsorship.

Good article on Anelka and WBA's history of being one of the most progressive clubs in England.

Interesting that one of the key figures in that era was Ron Atkinson, who was involved in his own racism controversy years later.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Token American sports team
Anelka has always been a petulant, s**t-stirring arsehat. I hope this ends his career.
Seen some photos of vile people doing this "non-racist" salute infront of Jewish institutions and even Aushcwitz for *s sake, including some of the more dark-skinned variety of French who would have ended up gassed themselves given the chance.

LeoMessi

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Anelka has always been a petulant, s**t-stirring arsehat. I hope this ends his career.
Seen some photos of vile people doing this "non-racist" salute infront of Jewish institutions and even Aushcwitz for ****s sake, including some of the more dark-skinned variety of French who would have ended up gassed themselves given the chance.

Oh the ironing when trying to fend off against racism with a racist comment!

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wtf are you on about and how on earth is that racist? Many of the people doing this quasi-nazi salute are obviously of Northern African or even sub-saharan ancestry. It is a historical fact that the nazis were not too keen on non-"Aryans" (which includes blacks, slavs and arabs), therefore, people of sub-saharan and northern African ancestry making nazi salutes are moronic to the extreme.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I don't know the finer details of this event, only the broader stuff that's been posted. But is Anelka's contention that he did this gesture as some sort of recognition for his comedian friend back in France? (who himself apparently has some anti-sematic/racist history?)

LeoMessi

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Wtf are you on about and how on earth is that racist? Many of the people doing this quasi-nazi salute are obviously of Northern African or even sub-saharan ancestry. It is a historical fact that the nazis were not too keen on non-"Aryans" (which includes blacks, slavs and arabs), therefore, people of sub-saharan and northern African ancestry making nazi salutes are moronic to the extreme.

It's funny you should mention slavs as they were Hitler's number one victim in WW2. Now, guess where the white supremacy and Hitler's ideologies are most ripe currently?

So to single out just the "dark-skinned" as you mildly put it would be pretty unfair.

Anyhow, who knows if did he even did it as an anti-semitic salute as technically, he's a semite himself. So don't go jumping into conclusions and let's see what unfolds from this.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It's funny you should mention slavs as they were Hitler's number one victim in WW2. Now, guess where the white supremacy and Hitler's ideologies are most ripe currently?

So to single out just the "dark-skinned" as you mildly put it would be pretty unfair.

Anyhow, who knows if did he even did it as an anti-semitic salute as technically, he's a semite himself. So don't go jumping into conclusions and let's see what unfolds from this.

I was referring specifically to the photos I've seen of people who were doing this quennelle sign, with a sizeable proportion being of either sub-saharan or northern African descent (ie: darker skinned). I wasn't talking in general terms, I was speaking specifically of the people I've seen doing this salute on various online sites. I am sorry if the term was construed as being racial, because no way was it meant to be, it was specific to the photos I've seen.

I am also aware of the equally stupid and entirely ridiculous rise of neo-nazism in Eastern Europe and Russia. In my opinion, it stems from the fact that these countries were communist states and these incredibly uneducated imbeciles deduct that because the nazis fought the communists, and that their parents etc. suffered through communism, then by default nazism must be the "right" philosphy.

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal

TheOz wasn't making a racial comment, merely stating that black french are using a salute that at one time in history would have been aimed at them.

And yeah, i called them black, whereas he was being PC by saying dark-skinned.

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TheOz wasn't making a racial comment, merely stating that black french are using a salute that at one time in history would have been aimed at them.

Thank you for the comment.

I think we can all agree that a. It is ridiculous that black players or players of any background should be subjected to racism in European football grounds and that b. If a black player does do something racially offensive, then he should be subjected to the same level of scrutiny and punishment as a player of any other skin colour.

DardySingh360

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal

Actually you're both being PC, we all know it's Muslim French make such a salute, everybody knows the story with Muslims and Jews. And France having a lot of Muslims means there are strong anti Semitic movements in the country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LeoMessi

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Actually you're both being PC, we all know it's Muslim French make such a salute, everybody knows the story with Muslims and Jews. And France having a lot of Muslims means there are strong anti Semitic movements in the country.

Which leads me to believe from your nickname that you're a Hindu Indian and we know the history between the two and therefore the comments....vicious cycle!

DardySingh360

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Which leads me to believe from your nickname that you're a Hindu Indian and we know the history between the two and therefore the comments....vicious cycle!

Come on man, you can't deny that Muslims severely dislike Jews. No point in saying these people doing the salute are sub Saharan or Middle Eastern when we all know that it's Muslims doing them.

LeoMessi

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Come on man, you can't deny that Muslims severely dislike Jews. No point in saying these people doing the salute are sub Saharan or Middle Eastern when we all know that it's Muslims doing them.

Well, I'm Muslim and I don't do it. And I don't have a dislike for Jews either. Saying that all Muslims do is like saying every white person is a white supremacist.

DardySingh360

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Well, I'm Muslim and I don't do it. And I don't have a dislike for Jews either. Saying that all Muslims do is like saying every white person is a white supremacist.

Well obviously it's not the same for all Muslims, but saying there isn't a sizeable anti Semitic sentiment amongst many Muslims is naive

TheOz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

I agree with you, it is undeniable that there is an extremely hostile strain within islam that is highly anti-semitic (you could argue that christianity is the same) and many are anti-non islamic in general, based purely on islamic theology and eschatology (Mahmoud Ahmadinijad would frequently refer to the 12th imam in his speeches, a Shiite belief that when this character returns to earth from hiding, the world will be "saved" under islamic rule, however the enemies of allah, specifically Jews and other infidels need to be removed from the planet first). That is not to say that all muslims are anti-semitic, or anti-american, anti-hindu etc, however it is ignorant to deny that there seems to be perpetual conflict between muslims and non-muslims wherever there is an interface between the two (and massive violence within islam itself, view Syria for an example or the perpetual Sunni vs Shiite conflicts).

One of the main reasons I dislike religion is purely because it pits seemingly normal people against each other over nothing more than fantastical hearsay and stories.

LeoMessi

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
Well obviously it's not the same for all Muslims, but saying there isn't a sizeable anti Semitic sentiment amongst many Muslims is naive

Seriously, I could sit and argue with you here all day but it'd be a waste a time arguing against someone who's probably brought up to believe what he does no matter how hard you hit him with facts. So entrenched into your own thoughts that you deliberately concentrate on one side of the story.

LeoMessi

Premiership Player
Feb 22, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
FC Barcelona
I agree with you, it is undeniable that there is an extremely hostile strain within islam that is highly anti-semitic (you could argue that christianity is the same) and many are anti-non islamic in general, based purely on islamic theology and eschatology (Mahmoud Ahmadinijad would frequently refer to the 12th imam in his speeches, a Shiite belief that when this character returns to earth from hiding, the world will be "saved" under islamic rule, however the enemies of allah, specifically Jews and other infidels need to be removed from the planet first). That is not to say that all muslims are anti-semitic, or anti-american, anti-hindu etc, however it is ignorant to deny that there seems to be perpetual conflict between muslims and non-muslims wherever there is an interface between the two (and massive violence within islam itself, view Syria for an example or the perpetual Sunni vs Shiite conflicts).

One of the main reasons I dislike religion is purely because it pits seemingly normal people against each other over nothing more than fantastical hearsay and stories.

So tell me how is it that a sizeable Jewish community in Iran enjoys more rights than in many western countries? To a point where they have a reserved seat in the parliament.

Perhaps you shouldn't get your news from foxnews. They just might have a hidden agenda for that.

DardySingh360

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2011
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
So tell me how is it that a sizeable Jewish community in Iran enjoys more rights than in many western countries? To a point where they have a reserved seat in the parliament.

Perhaps you shouldn't get your news from foxnews. They just might have a hidden agenda for that.

Those dirty Jews, how dare they be allowed to freely practice their religion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back