Socceroos Ange Postecoglou Quits!

Remove this Banner Ad

Give Pulis the job.
Draw all of our group stage games 0-0, job done
Why does it matter what Slater thinks. He is not in our 10 greatest ever players. I think if we get a good draw, even a coach like ancellotti would consider taking the job, or Thierry Henry. I would go for one of them.

Why does it matter what Slater thinks. He is not in our 10 greatest ever players. I think if we get a good draw, even a coach like ancellotti would consider taking the job, or Thierry Henry. I would go for one of them.

Why the *?

We want a manager who will be here at least for the next 4-5 years to build us for the next cycle. Not just a flash in the pan to come in for three games at the World Cup.

Why the ****?

We want a manager who will be here at least for the next 4-5 years to build us for the next cycle. Not just a flash in the pan to come in for three games at the World Cup.

WTF?

The World Cup is EXACTLY THE TIME when you would take a flash in the pan manager to take over on the odd chance he could fluke us out of the group stage. Or do you want our World cup to be used as prep games for Asian Cup qualifiers?

Staggered Arnold is fave - already shown he is not up to it at international level - will be an unmitigated disaster in Russia with him in charge.

WTF?

The World Cup is EXACTLY THE TIME when you would take a flash in the pan manager to take over on the odd chance he could fluke us out of the group stage. Or do you want our World cup to be used as prep games for Asian Cup qualifiers?

Staggered Arnold is fave - already shown he is not up to it at international level - will be an unmitigated disaster in Russia with him in charge.

Why should we be relying on a fluke to get out of the groups? Unless we get a group of death again we should absolutely have the quality to get us 2nd place in a group. The team really isn't as bad as people are making out, and we should be looking to bring in a manager who can carry on with the philosophy Ange has brought in.

To suggest, as some have, that we should get a Pulis or even worse an untried Henry is simply ludicrous.

Why should we be relying on a fluke to get out of the groups? Unless we get a group of death again we should absolutely have the quality to get us 2nd place in a group. The team really isn't as bad as people are making out, and we should be looking to bring in a manager who can carry on with the philosophy Ange has brought in.

To suggest, as some have, that we should get a Pulis or even worse an untried Henry is simply ludicrous.

Obviously the Pulis call was a complete piss take - but if you asked me if an international or Australian manager was more likely to get us out of the group I'd go with a proven international manager every day of the week.

Obviously the Pulis call was a complete piss take - but if you asked me if an international or Australian manager was more likely to get us out of the group I'd go with a proven international manager every day of the week.

Plenty of people genuinely want Pulis.

I never said not to go a proven International manager? I was reacting to Henry as a suggestion when the bloke is a TV pundit.

No you won’t. In any case Muscat won’t get the job to shithouse.

but Arnie isn’t exactly a fan favourite either. I don’t think his style and method of coaching will hold up in internationals. Royally screws it up last time.
FTFY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a terrible squad and Ange was the only one capable of playing attractive football with it. You just wait people the next coach will see what we have and go with a defensive long ball system and try and scrape results. It's gonna be ugly and boring and people will beg for Ange again. Dark day for football in Australia.

This is a terrible squad and Ange was the only one capable of playing attractive football with it. You just wait people the next coach will see what we have and go with a defensive long ball system and try and scrape results. It's gonna be ugly and boring and people will beg for Ange again. Dark day for football in Australia.

Any squad with Rogic, Mooy, Leckie and Ryan in it is not terrible, there are plenty of worse squads out there.

On paper it looks OK but Neill, Moore, Emerton, Kewell were past their best.
Neill was still playing good football IMO, but agree on the rest. Bresciano too.

Looked at another way, the gig is more attractive to a top coach with Russia thrown in

With ange’s legacy, I can’t believe how low the rating on winning the Asian cup is in the media. We are screwed in the head in this country. The tournament was a raging success and the team was too

It’s the Asian century ffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back