Ange Postecoglou Thread - Leading The Way

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoroughly deserved for the first couple of years of his tenure. Peru was the turning point.
We were also playing horrifically at the back end of Ange's stint with his back 3 formation. By the end we were mostly just pinging balls at Cahill.

He's an excellent manager but he's not perfect. Significant football figures were rightly questioning the tactics of the team and he was a bit over being questioned.

I like Ange but the way people talk like he didn't absolutely have the option of staying on with the national team is nonsense. He quit because that was what was best for him which is fine.

I would like to have seen him take Celtic to the knockout round of CL. That would have led to better job offers than Spurs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s the right tine for a move as in he spends all pre season implementing his style and there’s no off season WC etc.

If he went mid season it would take 2 months for it to gel.

Will be intrigued on how he goes with a bigger transfer budget.

He signed low budget gems for Celtic and the on sales they will eventually get will further enhance his legacy.

Would’ve liked him to do one more season at Celtic with CL but I understand why he’s moving when his stocks are high.

xfxmof06jeob1.jpg

Have a read of this thread a great breakdown on an article about the life of Ange Postecoglou. The Poms are starting to love this man just like us, the Scots and the japs have!

The online article from the thread above

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back