Angler catches one of the world's largest goldfish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jetafl

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Astros Detroit Red Wings KC Chiefs
As a kid we had an outdoor pond that had goldfish in it, and I don't know how much they weighed but I'd guess no more than 500g. I know they were quite a bit bigger than inside goldfish in a tiny tank. But I couldn't believe it when I heard on the radio this morning that an angler had caught the world's largest goldfish weighing over 30kg in a French lake. Who would have though a goldfish and a Rottweiler would be comparable on the scales.

Jeremy Wade now has a new idea for a series the world's largest and angriest goldfish.

Last edited:
As a kid we had an outdoor pond that had goldfish in it, and I don't know how much they weighed but I'd guess no more than 500g. I know they were quite a bit bigger than inside goldfish in a tiny tank. But I couldn't believe it when I heard on the radio this morning that an angler had caught the world's largest goldfish weighing over 30kg in a French lake. Who would have though a goldfish and a Rottweiler would be comparable on the scales.

Jeremy Wade now has a new idea for a series the world's largest and angriest goldfish.

It's just a bit fat carp that's no good for anything.
Might be hard to flush it down the toilet now.

It's just a bit fat carp that's no good for anything.
Might be hard to flush it down the toilet now.
Agreed you're not flushing that one down the toilet. That would be an unusual call to the plumber ''I think I have a goldfish blocking my toilet''. But to be fair Goldfish are also a type of carp (I would expect not everyone is aware of that) all be it being domesticated nearly 2000 years ago so the newspaper is not wrong with it's headline ''goldfish''.

Agreed you're not flushing that one down the toilet. That would be an unusual call to the plumber ''I think I have a goldfish blocking my toilet''. But to be fair Goldfish are also a type of carp (I would expect not everyone is aware of that) all be it being domesticated nearly 2000 years ago so the newspaper is not wrong with it's headline ''goldfish''.
Its a carp, kill it, Oh its a French carp kill it and piss on it.
"Carp is listed as a "noxious aquatic species" in Victoria under the Fisheries Act 1995. It is an offence to possess, transport or release live carp, or use live Carp (including all forms of Carp and Goldfish) as fishing bait."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back