Universal Love Angry Clarko

Remove this Banner Ad

His opening line was

"I wrote the report and pre-empted that Clarkson would not respond"..
He then spends 10 mins passing the buck and disclosing txt messages between the two. Somehow this is linked to not having a CEO.

Robbo when you write the story, you own it. Simples

His opening line was

"I wrote the report and pre-empted that Clarkson would not respond"..
He then spends 10 mins passing the buck and disclosing txt messages between the two. Somehow this is linked to not having a CEO.

Robbo when you write the story, you own it. Simples
* me that's the laziest journalism ever. Even if you think they aren't going to comment, you have to make the freaking call!

Oh, they've gone to the GCS. Same as soccer.

I was really hoping he would come onto the presser give the bird then walk off. Hope he goes on with it and keep up the pressure on these cretins in the media. It might actually result in a half decent footy programme where they actually talk about football and not spend half their time in mutual fellatio and rim jobbing each other. For my 2 cents worth I think the best footy information is available on forums like these and The Roar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** me that's the laziest journalism ever. Even if you think they aren't going to comment, you have to make the freaking call!
That's what Robbo just doesn't get. The fact of the matter is, he released an article belittling Clarko for not contacting Bob Murphy. He did so without checking with either of the only two people on the planet who could possibly know the truth of that; Bob or Clarko.

The fact that he subsequently says he corrected it and blames the water boy for not getting the corrections into print in time is irrelevant, and frankly, a little disgusting.

He wrote an article and sent it for publication. It was factually incorrect and impugned the character of the most successful football coach in recent history. He failed to pick up the phone to do a simple, basic, fact check - you know, the type you're taught about in first year journalism class.

He should be hauled over the coals for his reckless, and potentially harmful, lack of journalistic integrity. Clarko is lucky, in that he can get on the end of a microphone and call him out for the rubbish and lies he published. But what about young kids in the game and those less able to defend themselves?

A low act Robbo. There are no excuses for what you did. And you compound it by blaming the water boy for not "correcting" the article after you sent it for publication. Piss poor, mate. Piss poor.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. So Robbo writes an article about Bob Murphys 300th, makes a decision to not even try contacting Clarko due to Al not returning past calls. So instead of not referencing anything to do with Clarko/Murphy at Werribee, he chooses to write that he tried to contact Clarko but got no response.. is that correct?

Media managed o keep the negative Hawk stories going.

Robbo, the Essendon supporter, is very forgiving of his teams drug cheating but gets angry over being called out after trolling, shifts the blame and plays the victim.

Fixed your post!

Please correct me if I'm wrong. So Robbo writes an article about Bob Murphys 300th, makes a decision to not even try contacting Clarko due to Al not returning past calls. So instead of not referencing anything to do with Clarko/Murphy at Werribee, he chooses to write that he tried to contact Clarko but got no response.. is that correct?
Not quite. He said that Clarko has never contacted Bob Murphy. Clarko said in his presser that he spent half an hour on the phone to Murphy the day before and called out Robinson for lack of integrity (basically, making s**t up).

Not quite. He said that Clarko has never contacted Bob Murphy. Clarko said in his presser that he spent half an hour on the phone to Murphy the day before and called out Robinson for lack of integrity (basically, making s**t up).
Why is Clarkson contacting or not contacting an opposition captain a story? Is Clarko expected to contact every player in the competition playing a milestone?

Clarko did not call Bob Murphy
Robbo eventually got in contact with Clarko after it was written and then did the update

This ******* slob who's ruined 360, and is now sharing his half-wit thoughts on SEN, gets called out for what he is privately, then has a fit on live radio, because he is a hysterical, thin-skinned cockhead.

Nice job, Clarko. Stick it to him.

" Particularly Carey of all people. We've spoken about this before. He shouldn't make too many comments about other players because we could just go to town on him" - Alastair Clarkson
Clarko played with Carey at NM, he's probably got plenty of stories he could tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back