Universal Love Angry Clarko

Remove this Banner Ad

I have said it numerous times before and I'll say it again, journalists and other media writers are over paid, un educated, low life morons. They are in the same category as car salesman and real estate agents.

How it is a tertiary qualification is absolutely beyond me!!

I loved Clarko calling bullshit and showing these pieces of s**t up!!

Clarko will be heartbroken :)

Attention Robbo: You are only a very small part of the game. You are insignificant. Contrary to what you believe, people are NOT hanging onto every word you say. You are not the Messiah of football. You are, however, an imbecile.

Clarko may be pigheaded, maybe he can become unhinged at times, but he is a doer, an achiever. He doesn't sit on his fat arse writing the words of an article nobody will read and wrap their rubbish in afterwards.

What Clarko has achieved so far in football places him amongst the great coaches in history. His record speaks for itself. He will be remembered long after he has departed the game. The name Alastair Clarkson is already indelibly etched in the annuls of football history.

Robbo, the moment the media finally comes to its senses and gives you the DCM, people will forget you in a heartbeat.

Perfectly said

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Caro knows what she's doing and when she writes stuff about Hawthorn, it's because she has facts at her disposal.

Notice how despite all the supposed crap that's been written about the club, and in particular, the coach; Clarko has never taken offence to what Caro has written.

Yes, yes, I know, it's not pleasing to hear negative stuff about Hawthorn, but those who complain about it are as thin-skinned as Robbo is and the fanboi's who cry foul about everything Caro writes are even worse.

Watch Clarko, he will say nothing about Caro's article. There's a reason why...

Last edited by a moderator:

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Caro knows what she's doing and when she writes stuff about Hawthorn, it's because she has facts at her disposal.

Notice how despite all the supposed crap that's been written about the club, and in particular, the coach; Clarko has never taken offence to what Caro has written.

Yes, yes, I know, it's not pleasing to hear negative stuff about Hawthorn, but those who complain about it are as thin-skinned as Robbo is and the fanboi's like Davo who cry foul about everything Caro writes are even worse.

Yep. She's an absolute gun. She hasn't taken us to task too often but did at the start of the year and next thing you know we have the worst month of footy we've seen in 8 years

Yes, yes, I know, it's not pleasing to hear negative stuff about Hawthorn, but those who complain about it are as thin-skinned as Robbo is and the fanboi's like Davo who cry foul about everything Caro writes are even worse.

BULLSHIT! Just wanted to say that. Now I know how Clarko feels..... ;)

Oh for the record, I don't read or listen to the s**t that journalists write, that be Wilson or Robinson. It's all BULLSHIT! Feels so good saying that word.

Or don't. Every time we click on that link, she wins. I'm sure we can all figure out what it says. Clarko is wrong. Poor media. Rinse and repeat.
Also: we are a leaderless rabble off field; Dingley is a toxic wasteland that will fail as miserably as our next playerlist rebuild but execution of that multimilllion dollar investment (whose failure would threaten the club's future) is not the prime consideration in the club's search for a replacement CEO, instead obsessed over the candidate's capacity to "manage" a coach who antics have driven away all the executive staff. Evans was our preferred candidate but we prevaricated were out manoeuvred by Gold Coast and already regret the loss (a narrative eerily familiar to that of coaching candidates Eade and especially Wallace in 2004).

Richmond must have won a few games for a change; can't wait til June.

Why is everyone in the media a pathetic fanboi?

Robbo spends his time blaming someone else at the Herald Sun for the 'error' , but yeah write an article on the assumption that person you've laboured to describe and the subject of the punchline is not available for comment.

On a side note, what happened to the Francis Leach that used to be on the ABC? Seems to have seriously dumbed himself down.

The ABC charter allows for free expression. Indeed, an ABC journalist is free to openly criticise the ABC if he/she sees fit. For example, back in the day Stuart Littlemore on Media Watch was all over ABC employees promoting products etc, and Four Corners and 7.30 have held ABC management openly to account. Who can forget when Merrick and Rosso were actually edgy on Triple J (including shutting down the entire station).

Commercial radio/tv is a whole different story. If they instruct Francis to tuck it in a bit further and show Robbo his mangina, then that is exactly what he will do. Robbo might even offer to pay for a bit of time with a womanly Francis, you never know.....

Clarkson owning Slobbo would hurt the fat prick so much. Slobbo can't win a flag, let alone 4, he can never ever garner the respect and kudos Clarkson recieves and will continue to receive for the rest of time. Nothing he can say or write (poorly) will change the facts, Clarkson is a legend of AFL football and it can not be taken away. Damn I adore Clarko!
You're spot on.

Robbo will only ever be tolerated. He will not be lavished with praise for his footy opinion, he will not be congratulated for his football nous, he will not be revered as a great writer.

His career as the 'Chief Football writer' of the biggest selling paper in the country is one that will forever be looked upon as some sort of bad joke.

He is chained to his embarrassing attempts to legitimise and make excuses for Essendon's attempted cover-up of their failed doping regime.

His semi-literate waffle will never gain him the respect of the clubs or the football loving public, and if he's as dumb as he looks and sounds, he will probably never even twig to it.

Caro's had it in for clarko since he unleashed a legendary verbal tirade on her colleagues at footy classified many years ago.

Clarko ain't no saint, but her siding with wayne 'every thinking womens worst nightmare ' carey, on this, shows just how precious and insecure the AFL media pack is when held to account for their constant verbal diarrhea.

We get it caro. You dont like how clarko goes about it. Suck it up princess, 4 premierships shows everyone you're wrong on this one. Clarkos proved you wrong 4 times. Deal with it.

Last edited:
5raGtQX.jpg

Caro only attacks soft targets (apart from Richmond).

She will continue to write her nonsense while we are near the bottom of the ladder, it will slow down and stop if we keep winning and climb upwards.

Damn, I want this team to keep winning!

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have said it numerous times before and I'll say it again, journalists and other media writers are over paid, un educated, low life morons. They are in the same category as car salesman and real estate agents.

How it is a tertiary qualification is absolutely beyond me!!

I loved Clarko calling bullshit and showing these pieces of s**t up!!
Journalism is a dying art, and many sports writers are speeding up the process, but to be fair, it is a very important profession and holds democracy to account...In saying that, most of the AFL writers couldn't even count.

It's probably says more about the 'click-bait' world we live in and the quotas these guys are under to focus on writing enough articles to fill a paper, rather than anything involving research.

I'm no fan of Robbo and his feelpinion journalism, and the very short portion I managed to get through of his poor-bugger-me routine on SEN was cringeworthy. But as someone who works in the newspaper industry, I can see exactly how this happened.

Some poor sub editor - who probably works in the middle of the night and does way more work than he/she should, given the likely state of Robbo's raw copy and recent cuts in such production positions - put the wrong version of the story in print. It's that simple.

The missing quotes from Clarko were good, they improved the story, there were clearly not left out intentionally to make Clarko look bad.

It's also totally normal to file a story with a 'no comment' if they haven't returned your call by the time you leave the office, and to update it if/when they do call back. This happens even more nowadays, with fewer journalists covering round-the-clock news and online pressures driving constant publishing and updating.

Obviously they have history, and that has prompted Clarkos response, but to suggest this is anything more than a production utensil up is a stretch.

I love her "Andrew Newbould kept Clarko under control but Richard Garvey can't" line!
Nothing like adding 1+1 and getting 45.

What Clarko needs to do now is say nothing, absolutely nothing.

Don't raise the topic again, that will disappoint the horde even more!

Go Clarko!
I have a suggestion. Let's bring back Jeff as our media guide. We all know how much he loves journos.

While we're at let's get Jeff's opinion on this matter. After all, the media often seek out Jeff's opinion on footy matters .......this one would be a doozy

Clarko's big on loyalty - little wonder he has no time for Carey. As for Robbo, I gave up listening to anything that Hird-worshiping drunk had to say years ago.

Caro took her whack at Clarko, stuck up for Carey who is a cheating, drug abusing scumbag, but didn't reference Slobbo or Ralph even once. What does that say about those two?

It just occurred to me that the AFL media vote on Coach of the Year. Is that right? If it is then Clarko could win out the season and take the GF by 100 points and still not get the trophy now.

Clarko says:

2XYUG.gif

I'm no fan of Robbo and his feelpinion journalism, and the very short portion I managed to get through of his poor-bugger-me routine on SEN was cringeworthy. But as someone who works in the newspaper industry, I can see exactly how this happened.

Some poor sub editor - who probably works in the middle of the night and does way more work than he/she should, given the likely state of Robbo's raw copy and recent cuts in such production positions - put the wrong version of the story in print. It's that simple.

The missing quotes from Clarko were good, they improved the story, there were clearly not left out intentionally to make Clarko look bad.

It's also totally normal to file a story with a 'no comment' if they haven't returned your call by the time you leave the office, and to update it if/when they do call back. This happens even more nowadays, with fewer journalists covering round-the-clock news and online pressures driving constant publishing and updating.

Obviously they have history, and that has prompted Clarkos response, but to suggest this is anything more than a production utensil up is a stretch.

Not sure many are saying it was some sort of conspiracy to make Clarko look bad, because frankly, it didn't.

I think most are taking exception to the one sided whinge and airing of dirty laundry after being called out for having incorrect facts in TWO, not one, articles in the same paper in the same day.

So Robbo doesn't want to talk to Clarko ever again, fine, so how is his position tenable as the chief football writer for the Hun? 1 of 18 Coaches he wont speak to ( and I think the whingeing of one private text messages without the ability to defend himself will likely get more coaches off side)
and that one coach will be having a statue erected at the G in due course too, guess which paper wont be getting a comment from the recipient?

Don't like Clarko Robbo? fine thats your perogative, but having a cry on radio about some abusive private text messages and for being called out for incorrect reporting? Grow up

Just read the caro article, didn't see an issue with it. We do lack off-field leadership at the moment it seems, and I think the constant changes to our football department over the past 9 or so seasons are creating difficulties. You think about it, we've lot Hardwick, Cameron, Beveridge, Simpson and Fagan over that time, add to that Evans, then Fox, Newbold and I think a big understated loss has been Dunstall from the board.

It won't take long for things to settle, but there is no doubt the upheavels have had an impact.

Either way, happy for Clarko to have measured informed attacks on the media. They are mostly gutter-feeding parasites that are more keen to look for the scandal and make s**t up, than do a well researched story.

Just read the caro article, didn't see an issue with it. We do lack off-field leadership at the moment it seems, and I think the constant changes to our football department over the past 9 or so seasons are creating difficulties. You think about it, we've lot Hardwick, Cameron, Beveridge, Simpson and Fagan over that time, add to that Evans, then Fox, Newbold and I think a big understated loss has been Dunstall from the board.

It won't take long for things to settle, but there is no doubt the upheavels have had an impact.

Either way, happy for Clarko to have measured informed attacks on the media. They are mostly gutter-feeding parasites that are more keen to look for the scandal and make s**t up, than do a well researched story.

Not having a go but instead asking a genuine question: what's the evidence that we lack off-field leadership? I see an argument for the possibility (the turnover) but where is the evidence that the leaders we have now, who have stepped into the gaps, are no good? That they lack something?

Are players in the papers in bar fights, drug busts, gang associations? Nope.

Is the board bickering in the papers, threatening coups, leaking discussions? Nope.

Are memberships falling? Have we lost our recently attained position as the biggest club? Nope.

With a clear, open-eyed view of the HFC I think the only reasonable conclusion is that we have extremely good off-field leadership. That the transition of quality people through the club is exceptional and should be applauded. I say this because none of the signs of poor off-field leadership are evident. Not one.

Anyways, I'm curious. Why do you think it seems we lack off-field leadership?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back