Universal Love Angry Clarko

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hoping in vain, not you'd think Caro, with the point if the article a media person coming up with an issue about hawthorn which he didn't substantiate, sounded ridiculous anyway. Might in fact be tempted to substantiate just one of the series of 'facts' she presents, one after the other, all designed to be extremely negative?

On the Carey claim she says is it true? We just don't know

So isk is Anything she writes in this article believable with no substantiation? Well Caro
WE. JUST. DONT. KNOW

The converse aspect of all the changes at hawthorn. All these good people who have left hawthorn. Is the much better management of the afl in general because of this

And believe us, there is no row of empty offices at Waverley. There is one vacancy. It's a highly successful renewing and refreshing organisation. Not a downward spiral

And the current resilience of the club is largely due to Clarkson. He's so much more than a coach to us. He helped put it together. And will continue to do so

"we have no idea as to the strength of Carey's Rioli mail – but that attack on Carey was not the way to handle it."

That's right Caro you don't!

But like Robbo, you're willing to hop into bed with a serial scum bag to whack Clarko, such is your unhinged obsession and hatred for the man.

Like Robbo, you have written an entire article of waffle, when the facts are, you don't know if what Carey said was true.

You're obsessed Caro, either change the batteries or find a new hobby. You want to talk about legacy, every anti-Clarko article you're just affecting your own legacy and alienating more and more Hawthorn people. Ironically, you're using the same them and us mentality you're accusing Clarko of implementing.

Loved the childish "first and only win". Grow up Caro, you use to be above this sort of stuff.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Caro knows what she's doing and when she writes stuff about Hawthorn, it's because she has facts at her disposal.

Notice how despite all the supposed crap that's been written about the club, and in particular, the coach; Clarko has never taken offence to what Caro has written.

Yes, yes, I know, it's not pleasing to hear negative stuff about Hawthorn, but those who complain about it are as thin-skinned as Robbo is and the fanboi's who cry foul about everything Caro writes are even worse.

Watch Clarko, he will say nothing about Caro's article. There's a reason why...

The only reason he doesn't take her to task is because politically sensitive/incorrect souls we go to bat for the poor little girl journo who's just doing her job.
Sick & tired of her hiding behind her gender (don't say she don't either)!
She just writes for the other rag & is probably more articulate than the fools at the Sun, but the're all the same.
If you can't see it mate well then I got this to say to you- OPEN YOUR EYES MAN!

Yes there is. Can you imagine how society would react if Clarko attacked a female? Caro knows her gender protects her from verbal attacks from men in football, that's how she's survived all these years.

I've often thought what we really need in football is another panel show. No Caros, Hutchys, Robbos, etc, just all players and/or coaches. The agenga? To sit around and discuss the media. Just a full half hour of players assessing the media's performance, highlighting the bullshit they write and say. Players publicly criticising the media ... I'd love to see that.

Yes there is. Can you imagine how society would react if Clarko attacked a female? Caro knows her gender protects her from verbal attacks from men in football, that's how she's survived all these years.

I've often thought what we really need in football is another panel show. No Caros, Hutchys, Robbos, etc, just all players and/or coaches. The agenga? To sit around and discuss the media. Just a full half hour of players assessing the media's performance, highlighting the bullshit they write and say. Players publicly criticising the media ... I'd love to see that.
That would be an awesome show.
Please please but would never happen cause all the media are in bed with each other.
Maybe on a channel 31 or such.

Seriously, if Robbo has labelled all Hawthorn supporters as "numbskulls", the supporters don't have a voice to defend themselves, and I really think a spokesman from the Hawthorn Football Club should make a statement. In that statement I'd like to hear how Robbo is banned from the Hawthorn Football Club. It's high time the media were reigned in and publicly humiliated. Give them a taste of their own medicine.

On the Carey claim she says is it true? We just don't know

So isk is Anything she writes in this article believable with no substantiation? Well Caro
WE. JUST. DONT. KNOW

And this is it. The media just doesn't know. Clarko, however, does. He knows Carey's claim is bullshit and he's called him on it. However, as usual, the very least thing the Caros of this world are interested in are facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no fan of Robbo and his feelpinion journalism, and the very short portion I managed to get through of his poor-bugger-me routine on SEN was cringeworthy. But as someone who works in the newspaper industry, I can see exactly how this happened.

Some poor sub editor - who probably works in the middle of the night and does way more work than he/she should, given the likely state of Robbo's raw copy and recent cuts in such production positions - put the wrong version of the story in print. It's that simple.

The missing quotes from Clarko were good, they improved the story, there were clearly not left out intentionally to make Clarko look bad.

It's also totally normal to file a story with a 'no comment' if they haven't returned your call by the time you leave the office, and to update it if/when they do call back. This happens even more nowadays, with fewer journalists covering round-the-clock news and online pressures driving constant publishing and updating.

Obviously they have history, and that has prompted Clarkos response, but to suggest this is anything more than a production utensil up is a stretch.

Thanks Robbo

I'd complain to the Herald Sun. About time we got someone who has some basic comprehension of our language and native game in charge of writing footy again. If anyone has any ideas about how we could start a campaign to get Robinson removed, let me know.
I sent an email of complaint yesterday. Probably won't have any affect.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Caro knows what she's doing and when she writes stuff about Hawthorn, it's because she has facts at her disposal.

Notice how despite all the supposed crap that's been written about the club, and in particular, the coach; Clarko has never taken offence to what Caro has written.

Yes, yes, I know, it's not pleasing to hear negative stuff about Hawthorn, but those who complain about it are as thin-skinned as Robbo is and the fanboi's who cry foul about everything Caro writes are even worse.

Seriously, if he has a crack at Caro, he will probably be labelled an 'angry little misogynist coach' in the press the following day. What is the point? Tabloid journos, Caro included, hiding behind their dubious 'sources' are low acts. In my occupation, I have dealt with journos on a regular basis and the majority would do just about anything to nail a 'story'.

Clarko may regret a couple of outbursts but for mine it is his loyalty and selflessness that stands out. This has shone through some of the players over the last 10 years as well.

Has Caro done an expose' of his hospital visits, helping out bushfire victims, inviting Clinton Young's brother Lachie into the change rooms etc etc etc?

If other posters could continue the above list through this thread it would be great. I am sure it would far outweigh Clarko's list of 'misdemeanours' and further highlight tabloid press as the vultures they are.

Last edited:
Apprently allegedly possibly rumour opinion perhaps

These are the common words in any of caros articles. I dont know why I even bother reading her. Zero facts in the articles. Really, her work should be filed under the gossip section of the footy media. The funny thing is, she tries to fob her work off as credible writing. Why does she bother? Shes obviously the most hated reporter in football media. And no its not a mens club thing because Emma Qayle has quite a fan base because she writes insightful articles not shitty gossip mongering like Caro. It pisses me off no end someone so undeserving actually gets paid to do what she does.

Take a look at this from Caro. Nothing less expected from her. In support of her scum bag media fraternity.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-in-need-of-wise-counsel-20170424-gvrjlr.html
LOL -basically the message is 'we can write what we want and you can't say anything to us'.
Clarkson is right, there is no accountability in the media and they don't like it when someone calls them out on their rubbish
How about this bit?....
No one contacted on Monday who knew the pair as North teammates can recall any specific history between Clarkson and Carey, except to say they are very different personalities. Their skeletons are entirely different in size and subject but Clarkson does have one and it does come back to haunt him every time he's in a pickle – or behaving like one.​

She, of all people, appears to be equating Clarkson's minor and occasional misdemeanour's with Carey's serial misogyny, rape, violence, disloyalty and infidelity.

And we all know how well the Ice bath comments went down .
Point proven.

I read further to see the comments on Sydney. Maybe they are waiting for 6-0

Thing is Caro was once 'without fear or favour'

Over a decade ago I think

She, of all people, appears to be equating Clarkson's minor and occasional misdemeanour's with Carey's serial misogyny, rape, violence, disloyalty and infidelity.
No, she's equating it with Clarkson's attack on Ian Aitken. His occasional blow ups will always have that incident as a reference point. Unfortunately, it was a really ugly moment in our sport and our current coach was the aggressor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back