Recommitted Angus Brayshaw [signs til 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s a couple of reasons that Brayshaw could leave dees. Firstly he was forced into a wing and whilst he does run hard his best position is inside mid which a team could offer.
Secondly money, I could see dees offering unders compared to someone else as they have others who play more important roles who command more.

freo will no doubt try to get Angus to join his brother and could be a Mundy replacement. Other teams in Vic would be interested too

he also has a premiership and will go close again next year so this could play a factor also in terms of chasing money

Seems pretty invested so can't see him leaving, but difficult player to value. We've done him no favours playing him on the wing, had a brilliant finals series but clearly plays a level above as an inside mid.

freo will no doubt try to get Angus to join his brother and could be a Mundy replacement. Other teams in Vic would be interested too

U wot mate?

Mundy has a good 6-8 years left and none of the Brayshaw's are fit to lace Mundys boots.

No one is replacing him, especially not Angus Brayshaw. He'll re-sign with Melbourne without a fuss.

There’s a couple of reasons that Brayshaw could leave dees. Firstly he was forced into a wing and whilst he does run hard his best position is inside mid which a team could offer.
Secondly money, I could see dees offering unders compared to someone else as they have others who play more important roles who command more.

he also has a premiership and will go close again next year so this could play a factor also in terms of chasing money

He'll go nowhere like every player you start a thread on that you assume will leave for money.

Also Angus has fully embraced his role on the wing and it's actually an incredibly important role for Melbourne, absolutely no worries about Gus re-signing.

he may be a bit of a case of staying for less to try and keep up the success. I could see a club offering a fair bit more. But he seems very invested in the club. Certainly played the wing role well and was great in the finals.

I could see Brayshaw leaving if Melbourne went back to back. Playing on a wing isn’t a bad thing for Brayshaw, as it keeps him out of the congestion, which is important as he has a history of head knocks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he may be a bit of a case of staying for less to try and keep up the success. I could see a club offering a fair bit more. But he seems very invested in the club. Certainly played the wing role well and was great in the finals.

He is a hard one to predict. Like Viney at the end of 2020, on paper he’s one who probably should leave to get more money and a more prominent onfield role.

Brayshaw leaving would also provide salary cap relief for Melbourne and a decent compensation pick.

But also like Viney, there are really strong cultural ties to the club.

Brayshaw and Gawn are very tight, and Brayshaw does appear to be a very popular team mate.

If it’s a heart decision he stays with Melbourne and accepts lesser terms, if it’s a head decision he leaves.

Freo is the obvious choice, Mundy surely isn’t around much longer and with the loss of Cerra Freo would have a spot in the midfield and should have the cap space to tempt him. Not to mention his brother is there and they seem a tight family, plus the Perth ties are strong with the Brayshaws.

I could see Brayshaw leaving if Melbourne went back to back. Playing on a wing isn’t a bad thing for Brayshaw, as it keeps him out of the congestion, which is important as he has a history of head knocks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He doesn’t necessarily keep out of harms way on a wing. He plays the defensive wing role a lot and often gets back into contests down back. I’ve seen him cop a few knocks and been a bit concerned. But he keeps getting back up. Maybe it’s the helmet.
I reckon he would be a good pick up if he left. But seems to love the club.

With nearly three quarters of Fremantle's list younger than Angus Brayshaw and a total of six contract years total for players 29 and over (5 players) there could be interest out of the Dockers for Brayshaw.

He would be 26, it's his birthday today, but he isn't a Mundy replacement. Their ball use isn't close.

With nearly three quarters of Fremantle's list younger than Angus Brayshaw and a total of six contract years total for players 29 and over (5 players) there could be interest out of the Dockers for Brayshaw.

He would be 26, it's his birthday today, but he isn't a Mundy replacement. Their ball use isn't close.
I don’t want to be unkind to Brayshaw but some players do better in other systems.

Brayshaw is hard as a cats head but Fremantle are playing the keeply off system. Requires players to hit targets.

We need more silk than toughness.

I don’t want to be unkind to Brayshaw but some players do better in other systems.

Brayshaw is hard as a cats head but Fremantle are playing the keeply off system. Requires players to hit targets.

We need more silk than toughness.

Also makes no sense as Freo have Andrew (Who is already better than Angus) and Serong to play an inside role, and I don't think Brayshaw would see as much success on the wing in an inferior side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back