Recommitted Angus Brayshaw [signs til 2028]

Remove this Banner Ad

It is a long deal. But he had leverage with FA. I’m happy and he’ll be Spreading the money out no doubt. 32 in final year of this deal is no issue.
A fantastic player no doubt could have left for more.

As if a club would sign 6 players to long term deals, which are tied to a % of the TPP. It's unmanageable. Players may have clauses where they receive bonuses based on AA or position in the BnF. I've never heard of an AFL player earning a % of TPP.
My point is we don’t know the specifics of each deal. If there’s a unsuspected jump in 3 years time of 20% to the TPP as a result of new TV rights, there may be clauses in these long term contracts that bump them up by 20% to coincide with that.

He sacrificed for his team. And was rewarded handsomely. Reasonable precedent to set. The only risk for Brayshaw is concussion, but I guess that’s still an issue for any player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nice work freo.
Make melb pay top dollar for Gus lessening their bargaining power with others so we can poach who we were really after…
JVR cmon down !
JVR isn't even proven to be an afl calibre player at this stage. You must be pretty desperate to be eyeing off WA talent while they're still playing in the vfl.

Did you watch the grand final? He was in the top 5 players on the ground, playing on the wing.
He killed us three times last year as a wingman who cut off the switch. A lot of no reward running and smarts are required to do that well.
He's a gun there.
See below. Name me one 'gun' that plays every game of a season and can't even scrape into top 10 in the BnF. Good player, versatile, great team mate. But 6 years for a HBF. Hmm...

He was about 14th in your B&F

See below. Name me one 'gun' that plays every game of a season and can't even scrape into top 10 in the BnF. Good player, versatile, great team mate. But 6 years for a HBF. Hmm...
Most defenders? Full B&F lists are generally difficult to find online for each season.

You seem really upset by this - fact is he's signed and most people think he's a very very good player so it's a good signature for Melbourne.

Six years, probably on less $ than he could have got elsewhere for a three or four year contract.

Seems a good person with consistent output, six years means he doesn't have to think about another contract, for the Dees it's another set and forget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most defenders? Full B&F lists are generally difficult to find online for each season.

You seem really upset by this - fact is he's signed and most people think he's a very very good player so it's a good signature for Melbourne.
Most gun defenders don't finish top 10? :drunk: Any wingers? No 'gun' players don't finish top 10.

Nah I'm not upset at all. I just think its a couple of years too long.

Jack Riewoldt 2020

Yep and he was poor in 2020. Statistically one of the worst season he's had. Posters are calling Brayshaw a gun wingman for his 2021 season. No one called Jack that in 2020.
He was your clubs leading goal kicker in a premiership year. 4th most goals in the league behind Tom Hawkins, Josh Kennedy and Charlie Dixon. Jack was one of the better forwards in the league. 14th in Richmond’s best and fairest.

So looks like he signed for unders of what Freo and Essendon were offering. Good to see from him. Jackson I think is already gone but you can't keep everyone. Brayshaw has been great and I'm happy to keep him.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1658990621042.jpg
    FB_IMG_1658990621042.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 72
As if a club would sign 6 players to long term deals, which are tied to a % of the TPP. It's unmanageable. Players may have clauses where they receive bonuses based on AA or position in the BnF. I've never heard of an AFL player earning a % of TPP.
Really? Because based on the reporting of Port's salary cap around 2015/16 when everyone was saying it was busting at the seams, turn out that Port had plenty of salary cap room because player salaries weren't tied to an increase in the CBA.

When the salary cap was increased, Port just gained salary cap space. It was reported as a fairly savvy move by Port's list managers.

So looks like he signed for unders of what Freo and Essendon were offering. Good to see from him. Jackson I think is already gone but you can't keep everyone. Brayshaw has been great and I'm happy to keep him.

Good to hear he signed a little unders to stay. As much as I’d have liked him at Freo, I still like the one club player!

He's probably signed for more money total that he was offered from Freo and Essendon. At Freo and Essendon he might not get an extra contract offer at the end of his 3-4 years.

So he opted for the lower risk higher total but less per year. And its not like he'd struggle with the cost of living from the lower per year total.

While I can't help being personally nervous about a 6 year deal for anyone, what a great outcome for the player. Just five years ago there was genuine discussion on whether he should retire prematurely.

Melbourne's Angus Brayshaw takes indefinite AFL break to recover from concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back