briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Surprised there isn't a thread for Angus.

What's Melbournes cap space look like? Could Angus become a victim of list squeeze?

Would give up Brisbane's 2019 first round pick for him.

Taylor Edit - changed the tag, he isn't a free agent

Surprised there isn't a thread for Angus.

What's Melbournes cap space look like? Could Angus become a victim of list squeeze?

Would give up Brisbane's 2019 first round pick for him.
As we signed Tom McDonald and supposedly have room for Gaff, I foresee no issue with the Cap.

Would be fantastic for the Lions although I hold out virtually no hope that he would come to us. I can't see him leaving the Demons just when it looks like they are entering a very successful period.

If salary cap space is an issue the Demons would be letting another 1 or 2 go not Angus, he along with Petracca, Oliver and Viney form an outstanding foundation to build your midfield around over the next decade.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2018-04-18/brayshaw-staying-put

From six weeks ago. Slightly stronger than the statements we've seen before.

MELBOURNE midfielder Angus Brayshaw has labelled as "comical" reports suggesting he could leave the club at the end of the year.

Brayshaw is out of contract at season's end and has reportedly attracted opposition interest after missing out on selection in the opening three rounds of the season.

The 22-year-old returned to the senior team for the Demons' 67-point loss to Hawthorn on Sunday, gathering 19 disposals and laying four tackles.

"There's absolutely no truth from my end into it and I love Melbourne and I haven't even thought about (leaving)," Brayshaw said on AFL.com.au's AFL Exchange program.

"Then this (report) pops up; I find it almost comical."

Fremantle is reportedly one club tracking Brayshaw and star teammate Jesse Hogan, with the Dockers supposedly prepared to offer the latter a lucrative deal to move west.

Brayshaw's younger brother Andrew was the Dockers' top pick in last year's NAB AFL Draft, while Hogan is signed until the end of 2019.

"I find it funny. Just funny. That's the best way to describe it and Hogan has gone through it a lot and he's sick to death of it and now I've been lumped in," Brayshaw said.

He wanted to get in the team permanently before signing and find some form. He's probably doubled his money the last six weeks. Would think he'd be signing soon ala. T.McDonald.

Private school boy who would quiver at the thought of moving interstate, he'll stay.
most people do when they live in the worlds most livable city

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

most people do when they live in the worlds most livable city

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He can always upgrade to paradise.
main.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously you've never listened to Angus talk.

For a start his eldest brother lives in Brisbane.

Yeah attending private school when you're a gun junior footballer in a city doesn't make you posh at all - the private schools throw the scholarships around for anyone who can kick a ball

I can't see him wanting to leave but I also think it's a difficult contract to do given his concussion issues and given his really hot form now is a very small sample size so far. So it's probably gong to be one that drags out and Melbourne have to pay Jetta, Harmes and Oscar McDonald as well as make decisions on the lesser known out of contract guys and trade targets.

If a team put a huge pile of cash in front of him and that came with the right trade then Melbourne and Gus would both be in tricky situations.

Gold Coast have the picks/money available to pay overs. Particularly with his concussion issues he might not fetch as much as his form right now warrants. Dees could be put in a tricky spot if GC offer a massive deal and who could blame Brayshaw if he takes the long term deal.

Gold Coast have the picks/money available to pay overs. Particularly with his concussion issues he might not fetch as much as his form right now warrants. Dees could be put in a tricky spot if GC offer a massive deal and who could blame Brayshaw if he takes the long term deal.
To be honest he seems heavily invested in the club. Look at his post game interview after the crows win. He was almost in tears. I’d be extremely surprised if he isn’t at Melbourne next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back