Player Watch #12 Angus Sheldrick

Remove this Banner Ad

What a crunch (Edit: 2nd) tackle (Thanks chopflop )

chopflop time stamps

Last edited:
What a crunch tackle (Thanks chopflop )

chopflop time stamps

Hey no worries. That little clip there on youtube. That's actually Lochlon Paton tackling Horne. Sheldricks is on him at the following stoppage. You should just watch that game. Him and Dittmar murder JHF and Roberts. The last state game is worth a look on youtube also. Some of his centre clearances are .... well, you will just have to watch.
Enjoy

Also, not sure if you know his background. He was a water polo player and swimmer. Missed his entire season last year because of a broken collar bone. Was nowhere near state squad at the start of the year and was one of the last blokes picked for their trial games. Really impressed there and was given a run. Was near best on ground in all the state games and all of the WAFL colts finals also. Has played very well when the stakes have been raised.

Ran a 7:05ish 2km time trial. A 3:05 20m and I think about a 8.30 agility run. From the top of my head.

Hey no worries. That little clip there on youtube. That's actually Lochlon Paton tackling Horne. Sheldricks is on him at the following stoppage. You should just watch that game. Him and Dittmar murder JHF and Roberts. The last state game is worth a look on youtube also. Some of his centre clearances are .... well, you will just have to watch.
Enjoy

Also, not sure if you know his background. He was a water polo player and swimmer. Missed his entire season last year because of a broken collar bone. Was nowhere near state squad at the start of the year and was one of the last blokes picked for their trial games. Really impressed there and was given a run. Was near best on ground in all the state games and all of the WAFL colts finals also. Has played very well when the stakes have been raised.

Ran a 7:05ish 2km time trial. A 3:05 20m and I think about a 8.30 agility run. From the top of my head.

Thanks again for sharing all this. The lad works like a maniac in close and has a surprising 10m power burst of speed. Great to see an 'old fashioned' footy player get drafted and I am delighted we picked him up.

Thanks again for sharing all this. The lad works like a maniac in close and has a surprising 10m power burst of speed. Great to see an 'old fashioned' footy player get drafted and I am delighted we picked him up.
All good. I was trying to sell him to the Hawks board all last week after watching a few games he played in. No one wanted a bar of him there 🤣... You are all a much more receptive audience now.

All good. I was trying to sell him to the Hawks board all last week after watching a few games he played in. No one wanted a bar of him there 🤣... You are all a much more receptive audience now.

hehe. Our mates at the Eagles are not so happy.

He's a clearance beast...check out our stats from this year. It's no freaking wonder more than a few of us are happy with this pick.

I've been watching the WA Colts grand final. He is absolutely best on ground so far. A lot of his kicks have been a bit agricultural but that's what you'd expect from a player under pressure. I've love the way he puts his head down and runs to make the next contest, and how he times his runs to hit packs at speed. He is really powerful and a few years in the system when covering the ground is easoer for him, and he is stronger, and he is going to be a really good player is say.

The comparisons you tend to hear are a bit ridiculous, Neale, Dusty, Wines (is there a law that you have to compare people to Brownlow winners?) But he probably reminds me most of Sam Powell-Pepper. Except he is a more natural accumulator.

I'm over the moon with this as our first. Exactly the sort of player we need.

I started reading their forum from a few pages before they had their pick. It was like watching a slow-moving train crash. I just hope Chesser doesn't read it.
Even those on this board who didn't see Sheldrick as the answer to our prayers have had the decency to be accepting and welcoming or stay the f*ck off. Well done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been watching the WA Colts grand final. He is absolutely best on ground so far. A lot of his kicks have been a bit agricultural but that's what you'd expect from a player under pressure. I've love the way he puts his head down and runs to make the next contest, and how he times his runs to hit packs at speed. He is really powerful and a few years in the system when covering the ground is easoer for him, and he is stronger, and he is going to be a really good player is say.

The comparisons you tend to hear are a bit ridiculous, Neale, Dusty, Wines (is there a law that you have to compare people to Brownlow winners?) But he probably reminds me most of Sam Powell-Pepper. Except he is a more natural accumulator.

I'm over the moon with this as our first. Exactly the sort of player we need.

Not a bad comparison, probably a better accumulator than SPS but that's just on what we know, Dom Sheed might be another sort of reference point, just a genuine ball magnet. He's very inside.

I had a look at some of the other club's bigfooty boards. There were a few fans of other clubs hoping to select Sheldrick with picks in the 20s.

So Swans might have really liked him and did not want risk him getting taken in the early 20s by another club.

I suspect Sheldrick was the player we were targeting when we talked about a Pick Swap with the Bulldogs for their Pick 23 going into the draft which the Cats ended up getting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back