Player Watch #12 Angus Sheldrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
I suspect Sheldrick was the player we were targeting when we talked about a Pick Swap with the Bulldogs for their Pick 23 going into the draft which the Cats ended up getting.
This was my thoughts also. Apparently he is also the player the cats were targeting with pick 23 lol. Sucked in cats.

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Reckon he will be a ripper

quick K Jack style but a better left foot

looks as though he could play straight away
I'm not convinced he will play round 1 but certainty could debut before the half way mark next season.

His weight concerns me a little. Needs to lose the puppy fat. The last guy we drafted of a similar body type, Will Gould still hasn't debuted yet.

Having said that I'm excited to have him on board and best of luck to him!

DobmusEdge

All Australian
Jun 21, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
A few years ago, a few involved at the club (might've been Horse & Dalrymple?) mentioned how Buddy follows the U18s closely and gives his tips during the drafting process. I doubt his opinions would have much sway in a room full of blokes dedicated to it full-time, but I'm sure the recruiters would still be interested to know who the club's best player rates, particularly if it's in regards to who he'd want to play alongside.

Yeah I heard Bud was really vocal about bringing Papley in as a rookie six years ago …that worked out ok

Tesla Tenet

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Our WA boys
Great get SP, just using the photos, making easier to see. It all your work.
80410c04a90981bba3381e1412b461e0.jpg
73ac882968e82d8accf46e5a3120bf79.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

WhippingCupcakes

Team Captain
Apr 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Hey no worries. That little clip there on youtube. That's actually Lochlon Paton tackling Horne. Sheldricks is on him at the following stoppage. You should just watch that game. Him and Dittmar murder JHF and Roberts. The last state game is worth a look on youtube also. Some of his centre clearances are .... well, you will just have to watch.
Enjoy

Also, not sure if you know his background. He was a water polo player and swimmer. Missed his entire season last year because of a broken collar bone. Was nowhere near state squad at the start of the year and was one of the last blokes picked for their trial games. Really impressed there and was given a run. Was near best on ground in all the state games and all of the WAFL colts finals also. Has played very well when the stakes have been raised.

Ran a 7:05ish 2km time trial. A 3:05 20m and I think about a 8.30 agility run. From the top of my head.

Wow missed the entire season last year. That's some improvement!

Like the sound of his work ethic and determination plus soaking up as much information as he can. Talent is overrated. At the very least he'll succeed and who knows with his potential. With his attributes I'm sure we'll turn him into the best player he can be.

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Great get SP, just using the photos, making easier to see. It all your work.
80410c04a90981bba3381e1412b461e0.jpg
73ac882968e82d8accf46e5a3120bf79.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Loving it. As a WA boy I am pleased to see so many on our team now and hopefully it means they’ll stick together.

Fun fact, the Swans nickname was originally suggested due to the amount of west aussies in the team in the 30’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back